1/32 Icelandic Fine Arts Buccaneer - Detail Shots

Breaker

52 minutes ago, PhilB said:

I know some aren't that keen but it's supposedly one of the best low-level strike aircraft ever made.

I love the "gear up" on the runway on this.

Apart from medium altitude operations in Gulf War 1, was the Buccaneer used operationally in the low-level strike role?

Phil - I watched that video a couple of days ago, and yes the Buc pilot retracting while the doors are almost scraping along the runway .. magic!

I've told this story before  , but this seems to be right place ,

A local club member was an Air Traffic controller , and at the time he was based in Aberdeen,  and during the previous few months there had been reports of Buc and offshore helicopters  getting a tad too close to each other. So a meeting was held  with the ATC and the RAF to sort out tracks for the Bucs to use . The meeting was held  and the new procedures were agreed, so afterwards my friend started talking to a senor RAF rep, "So just between us , just how low do you guys go on exercise" was the question he posed 

RAF guy then went quiet , and then confessed , "It depends how rough the sea is, but personally , I've seen 12 feet but the canopy gets a touch damp at that height"

Yup the Buccaneer was a legend!

On 11/14/2019 at 6:51 PM, DannyVM said:

I'm not impressed to be honest. Details look's not that sharp. Hopefully there will come a injected moulded kit in the future.

The skills needed in getting this one together are waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond fretting over the panel lines. Proper modelmaking, in other words.... I have already started mine. Pics following shortly. 

As an interlude:  years ago i was controlling a formation of Buccaneers, departing from Wildenrath or Bruggen (RAF stations in germany) across our area of reponsibility inbound to a fort monument in the border region between the Netherlands and Belgium (called eben email) to commemorate a battle situation in WW2, and it was under marginal visual conditions, which was mandatory to pass the target, and afterwards, well...right afterwards the fly-pass, someone called the tower to complain about the undue noise at the fly over, so i asked the caller his age, which he reluctantly passed on as someone who was witness to that battle situation at that time in WW2..........go figure..........these buccaneers did honor to what happened at that time in history....and i DID see them pass  our airport  through the hazy weather........

On 11/15/2019 at 11:57 PM, wunwinglow said:

The skills needed in getting this one together are waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond fretting over the panel lines. Proper modelmaking, in other words.... I have already started mine. Pics following shortly. 

Did i say something about panel lines........you tell me please........Did i say say something about skills......you tell me please or did i say something about proper modelmaking........again you........oh wait i will tell you.............no. Maybe you just need to stick with your own skills, instead of talking about other people skills.:mental:

I'm talking about the kit itself, about the sharpness of details which in my opinion are not so great. You want to spend your money, please feel free, nothing wrong about that, en i'm sure you will enjoy the build, i won't judge that, just like you can't judge my skills.:whistle:

19 minutes ago, DannyVM said:

Did i say something about panel lines........you tell me please........Did i say say something about skills......you tell me please or did i say something about proper modelmaking........again you........oh wait i will tell you.............no. Maybe you just need to stick with your own skills, instead of talking about other people skills.:mental:

I'm talking about the kit itself, about the sharpness of details which in my opinion are not so great. You want to spend your money, please feel free, nothing wrong about that, en i'm sure you will enjoy the build, i won't judge that, just like you can't judge my skills.:whistle:

If you buy the kit thinking the only issue is the panel lines, I can tell you right now, you are going to be VERY disappointing!  That's all I am saying,  coming from someone who actually has the kit, on his workbench, right now. You can take my comment for what it is worth, or you can leave it....