Hawk 155, Kinetic with a few additions

Winnie

I let my wife complete the debate on what to complete next in "Large Scale," Tossups were with the Tamiya P-51D, F4u-1A, and the Kinetic Hawk 155. She said I'd done lots of props lately so a blower is next!

Kinetic's Hawk 155, with resin seats as I was given them, Master Pitot tube, home made vinyl MDC for the large fine canopy, Airscale decals for the instrument panels, and some Archer rivets for hte  rear fuselage. I have scoured EricG's and BloorwestSiR's builds for some assistance, and there are tips there! No schedule, as I go to work in 2 days for another 2 weeks, but hey, a little at a time, feels good to actually complete some models for a change!

sZiRq9Y.jpg

Well, I got a few little things started, before I had to call it off, a prior commitment, and preparing for 2 weeks of work away took the rest of the day...

Cockpit had 2 bulkheads installed to block view forward of the 2 individual pits, as well as some paint. Close to what the various sites call for, but perhaps a smidge too green? I dunno, looks ok to me, and darker than my standard go-to FS36231, I used Tamiya XF-66.

Intakes prepped and painted white, and wheel wells painted 36440 which is close to what is asked for as well.

rKaqEBz.jpg

QGAiym0.jpg

wZfq3nJ.jpg

JI1sLcZ.jpg

So, See youse in 2 weeks!

Cheers

H.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, did a couple of pictures, ready to post as i got to work today... well, **** I got a new phone and took the pictures on my old phone...

Managed to get the fuselage together, intakes are on, and glare shields in place... there are MASSIVE gaps between the intakes and the fuselage, but it will wait till I get home again in 3.5 weeks... (remind me to say no to any extra days for a spell...)

Cheers

Harald