1/32 ZM Henschel Hs-129 B-2......FINISHED

monthebiff

Looking great with the camo and markings! Do you know if the white on the real aircraft was sprayed or brushed?  If the latter, then I think your approach is the appropriate one.  Probably one of the more difficult things to achieve... to replicate hastily applied brush-painted markings on a scale model.  I would definitely go over the white areas with Micromesh to remove any brush strokes and to impart some wear to the white.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:44 PM, Thunnus said:

Looking great with the camo and markings! Do you know if the white on the real aircraft was sprayed or brushed?  If the latter, then I think your approach is the appropriate one.  Probably one of the more difficult things to achieve... to replicate hastily applied brush-painted markings on a scale model.  I would definitely go over the white areas with Micromesh to remove any brush strokes and to impart some wear to the white.

Definitely brush painted by hand John, here are a couple of shots out of Henschel Hs 129 in Romanian service volume by Horia Stoica, Dan Antoniu and Vasile Radu.

20200130_184114.jpg

20200130_184023.jpg

As you can see, roughly applied with a large brush!

Regards. Andy 

• 10 months later...

After the best part of the year this build has been laughing at me from the shelf of doom so I decided its hugh time I finished as there is very little left to do so I've spent the week weatering it to tone down the paint scheme with various washes, chipping etc

20201204_160829.jpg

20201204_160854.jpg

20201204_160900.jpg

20201204_160909.jpg

20201204_160926.jpg

A lot happier with the look of it now as I didn't much like the scheme once I'd applied it and thats why it sat on the SOD for so long with it almost reaching the bin! Some feedback would be very much appreciated on where I am with it now 

Regards. Andy 

It was hard on the eye initially, but was always going to look better once weathered, can't believe you were considering binning it. You were very brave doing that scheme, I'd keep at the weathering and maybe give in a light spray in maybe grey, or even a brown to replicate the dust, just to tone it down overall, and bring it all together as The Dude might say.

I think it looks great.