1/32 ZM Henschel Hs-129 B-2......FINISHED

monthebiff

A bit more done with decals completed as well as over spraying the yellow areas lightly with MRP Orange Yellow 

20200129-181603.jpg

Followed by making a start on the winter scheme 

20200129_191120.jpg

20200129_191141.jpg

So far so good but would be interesting to know people's thoughts on it!

Regards. Andy 

32 minutes ago, rigor said:

What type of paint are you using for the winter scheme ? Water based I would give it a rub down after just to give it that worn look to it if you know what I mean. Looks great so far 

I'm using Tamiya XF-2 White which I thinned for this particular job painted on with a flat brush and filling in where necesary with a round brush. I was thinking of a gentle rub down in places and using some Mig scratching effect on the areas of heavy wear. 

Regards. Andy

32 minutes ago, Alain Gadbois said:

In my opinion it looks like a perfect representation of a hasty and a bit sloppy paint job!

Alain

Thats what I'm trying to acheive Alain, I asked the wife what she thought but she is holding back until I've finished the scheme as it apparently looks like grafity at the moment!

Regards. Andy

51 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

I'm using Tamiya XF-2 White which I thinned for this particular job painted on with a flat brush and filling in where necesary with a round brush. I was thinking of a gentle rub down in places and using some Mig scratching effect on the areas of heavy wear. 

Regards. Andy

Looks spot on so far :thumbsup:. Judging from the weather conditions in many of the photos in the Romanian Hs 129 book, you'll probably want to add some dirt and mud too. I would imagine the temporary white paint got pretty worn and grungy in a hurry.

Peter

Edited by Peter O

14 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Nice start on the camouflage, looks like it was done by Keith Haring. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Man said:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Looks almost like Art.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Never thought of it like that but yes you are right, its definately looking along those "Lines" ;)

Regards. Andy

7 hours ago, mozart said:

As a start the winter camo looks fine Andy, not an easy nor enviable job trying to replicate quickly applied freehand markings! For sure you’ll be weathering to get the in-field look. 

Will be definately going the fairly heavilly weathered route on this one Max, as for free hand markings its pretty hard to get right and also keep consistant without being to uniform.

Regards. Andy

You might experiment on the white snow with a cotton bud damp with isopropyl alcohol. I have used this on several models with good effect- only with acrylic paint. Gently rub over the paint and with time it should begin to weather. Can give a nice appearance on painted snow. It really helped when I did weathering on Japanese aircraft to produce paint chipping also. Each technique takes practice and one version of use is not applicable on every model.