1/32 ZM Henschel Hs-129 B-2......FINISHED

monthebiff

16 minutes ago, Thunnus said:

Nice update on the Henschel build, Andy!  Z-M kits (in my limited experience anyway) require very careful fitment of internal parts so that they don't compound and add up to bigger fit issues as you get the external components.  So when you stumble onto a vague fit, it's nervous time!

How are the canopy masks that Z-M provides?  One thing I hate is to have a mask lift during the painting process and Z-M uses a masking material that I am not familiar with.

Hi John, cant agree more on the fit issues and the internal cockpit tub to fuselage is a very good fit but you then have a large proportion of the assembly out front waiting for the external panels to go on which is very, very flimsy indeed.

With regards to the masks used by ZM they are of the vinyl type and in this kit have worked beautifully with no lifting, usually I shy away from vinyl masks due to the lifting issues you mention. 

Hope that helps.

Regards.Andy 

Loving the work that you’re doing Andy. Your style of modelling epitomises precision, organisation and care. However the fact that you have “issues” with the kit is slightly worrying for those less competent and experienced to my mind. 

Edited by mozart

On 1/6/2020 at 8:02 PM, mozart said:

Loving the work that you’re doing Andy. Your style of modelling epitomises precision, organisation and care. However the fact that you have “issues” with the kit is slightly worrying for those less competent and experienced to my mind. 

Very kind words indeed Max, I have tried to take car in bringing this together and a little disappointed in a number of areas regarding fit, some maybe self inflicted but there are various areas that could be better but I guess this is what you get with such a breakdown of parts.

Regards. Andy

Some more progress made on the Henschel with the various gaps etc filled and cleaned up around the nose followed by fitting the engines, nacelles and cowls.

20200108_150953.jpg

20200108_151556.jpg

20200108_151608.jpg

The engine cowls are superbly moulded with a little filler at the bottom but a perfect seam on the top which disappears with a few swipes with the sanding stick.

Regards. Andy 

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice! Really looking forward to getting my copy of this kit once the B-3 comes out. You are doing wonderful work here! 

You will enjoy it Brian, a couple of areas are a little annoying but a great kit, a Pak 40 slung under it will look real good when you get your hands on one.

Regards. Andy 

Last bits added to the fuselage this evening prior to undercoat, control surfaces added followed by radiators, all an excellent fit. The inner control surfaces are made from two parts which need a big seam line filling which is a real pain.

20191129-204204.jpg

and after a couple of filling and sanding sessions 

20200108_183022.jpg

20200108_205340.jpg

20200108_205446.jpg

A few rough areas need sorting during final prep before an undercoat but very happy all in all.

Regards. Andy