1/32 ZM Henschel Hs-129 B-2......FINISHED

monthebiff

7 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

The cockpit and engines look great.  Can't wait to see how this one turns out.  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Thank you Michael, I'm at that point on this build where I need to get the cockpit completed and attached to the fuselage before I can mount the engines and fit the cowls. 

Regards. Andy 

2 hours ago, VladHVAC said:

lovely build.....i'm at roughly the same point as you. I see the kit instructions call for RLM 02 for wheel well area and it looks like you've gone wit RLM 66 maybe. Jut curious if that was due to reference photos. I'll have to grab that book. to bad shipping to Canada takes so long. 

Happy holidays

Thanks for looking in, the wheel wells have been painted RLM 02 but the pictures make it look darker than it is. 

Regards. Andy 

So finally managed to sit down and get some bench time today, been a little frustrating being off on holiday but no chance to get any meaningful modelling done for over a week. Anyway, HGW belts added from a Ju-88 set I have been using on a few builds. 

20191229_130546.jpg

Instrument panel fitted

20191229_131013.jpg

And side panels going on.

20191229_171656.jpg

20191229_171814.jpg

20191229_171836.jpg

20191229_172314.jpg

Pretty happy with how it all turned out, a note for anyone building this is to make sure you choose a set of seat belts which the shoulder harness can be built quite long so they can reach the rear fuselage bulkhead.

Regards. Andy 

That's a great looking cockpit, Andy :thumbsup:. Good point about the shoulder belts. I've got a set of Radu's Luftwaffe seatbelts, so I'll have to see if they'll reach. My '129 arrived for Christmas, so I'll be paying close attention to your excellent build. I'm also considering building mine with the seatback tilted back against the rear bulkhead, as it would be before the pilot got in. It'll look a bit different than all the rest, as well as showing off the cockpit detail better.

Like you, I'll be building a Romanian version. My maternal grandparents emigrated from the Transylvania region of Romania to the USA. Get to work, Radu, we need those Romanian markings ;)

Peter

Edited by Peter O

Cockpit looks great, Andy!  Do you crumple the HGW belts before assembling?  I've done the crumpling per the instructions but I'm not totally happy with the results as (a) the belts can be harder to handle when they are crumpled and (b) some of the surface of the belt fabric can flake off.  Just curious how others do it.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:03 PM, Uncarina said:

Andy,

Thanks for sharing this! It’s great to see the cockpit coming together, and I saved every photo for reference.

Happy Holidays,  Tom

Happy new year to you Tom, all slowly coming together now and very happy with progress.

Regards. Andy 

On 12/29/2019 at 7:23 PM, Peter O said:

That's a great looking cockpit, Andy :thumbsup:. Good point about the shoulder belts. I've got a set of Radu's Luftwaffe seatbelts, so I'll have to see if they'll reach. My '129 arrived for Christmas, so I'll be paying close attention to your excellent build. I'm also considering building mine with the seatback tilted back against the rear bulkhead, as it would be before the pilot got in. It'll look a bit different than all the rest, as well as showing off the cockpit detail better.

Like you, I'll be building a Romanian version. My maternal grandparents emigrated from the Transylvania region of Romania to the USA. Get to work, Radu, we need those Romanian markings ;)

Peter

Hi Peter, thank you for looking in and commenting,  Well in to the build now and like you if I had the reference sooner I would have the armoured back rest angled back towards the rear bulkhead.

Regards. Andy