1/32 ZM Henschel Hs-129 B-2......FINISHED

monthebiff

6 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Thanks for leading the way Andy! I absolutely love the ZM kits I’ve built (Horten, Skyraider, Ta-152H0, Do-335), so I’d like to get this kit at the first opportunity. With that in mind, I’m very curious to see how it will compare with my previous builds in terms of fit and detail. One of my favorite things about these kits is the instructions, with multiple drawings and color photos for each assembly step, as well as a detailed paint guide. Are you finding this with your kit? Great work so far!

Cheers,  Tom

This is my second ZM kit Tom, In general I really like the fit of them, however some of the design and build process I find just over the top and unnecessary........pistons in the engine assembly I ask you!! ZM most definitely have their own way of going about things and some of it I like and some I really don't but hey, the subject matter is brilliant so I'll suck up some of the bits I dont like. Regarding the instructions they are very good but initially I found them very confusing until I had a good read through and understood the way they work.

Regards. Andy 

I've always thought they should be putting in solid parts and leaving a scored thinner area so those who like panels off just have a tiny bit of scribing to do to get an open panel.

Either way, cant wait to see more progress and eventually get my hands on a B-3!

6 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I've always thought they should be putting in solid parts and leaving a scored thinner area so those who like panels off just have a tiny bit of scribing to do to get an open panel.

That’s the best option Brian. I have no interest in the Henschel but if I did that fit could make me think twice about getting it. I’ve no doubt that Andy will be equal to the task though! 

On 11/28/2019 at 4:05 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Either way, cant wait to see more progress and eventually get my hands on a B-3!

I'm with you there Brian, it would be the best option all round, they do supply the MG 17 cover in the open position and the builder has to modify it for the closed position!? Go figure...  .

Regards. Andy

On 11/28/2019 at 10:39 PM, mozart said:

That’s the best option Brian. I have no interest in the Henschel but if I did that fit could make me think twice about getting it. I’ve no doubt that Andy will be equal to the task though! 

No pressure then Max :doh: It's a tricky little area to get right in the closed position I'm afraid. 

Regards. Andy 

Talking of interesting part make up on this kit here is the inner control surfaces, supplied into parts but not equal halves.

20191129-204023.jpg

20191129-204204.jpg

An interesting way of doing things, not sure if the joint line is a panel line which I doubt but there is a slight step and doesn't match the engraved panel lines, either way it's an over complicated way of doing things to me?

Regards. Andy

1 minute ago, monthebiff said:

Talking of interesting part make up on this kit here is the inner control surfaces, supplied into parts but not equal halves.

20191129-204023.jpg

20191129-204204.jpg

An interesting way of doing things, not sure if the joint line is a panel line which I doubt but there is a slight step and doesn't match the engraved panel lines, either way it's an over complicated way of doing things to me?

Regards. Andy

The reason why the part was separated there was to give the thinnest possible traling edge. Splitting the part the "traditional way" all the way from front to back would lead to a twice-as-thick trailing edge and that would stick out like a sore thumb next to the ailerons, which were also designed in such a way to give the thinnest possible triling edge. This way, you get a more scale-accurate thin trailing edge all the way through from root to tip. You just need to fill that joint line. 

Radu 

5 minutes ago, Radub said:

The reason why the part was separated there was to give the thinnest possible traling edge. Splitting the part the "traditional way" all the way from front to back would lead to a twice-as-thick trailing edge and that would stick out like a sore thumb next to the ailerons, which were also designed in such a way to give the thinnest possible triling edge. This way, you get a more scale-accurate thin trailing edge all the way through from root to tip. You just need to fill that joint line. 

Radu 

Ah yes, that makes sense Radu and thank you for the information, I have filled the gap and happy with the results.

Regards. Andy 

Basic cockpit painting now complete and ready for decals and HGW belts, aftermarket belts are the only option with this kit as no effort is made whatsoever from ZM in supplying anything representing belts in the basic kit

20191204-205505.jpg

Cockpit side panels painted and ready for decals, initially Inwas going to use Tamiya masking tape but finally decided on Uschi van der Rosten leather decals so a pre shade of white was added in readiness.

20191204-205444.jpg

Really need to get the cockpit finished and closed up to move on now but getting there with

Regards.Andy