1/32 ZM Henschel Hs-129 B-2......FINISHED

monthebiff

5 hours ago, nmayhew said:

good to have your input on this Radu (were you part of the team that developed the kit for Z-m? Excuse my ignorance)

interesting that the interior spars etc are seemingly good attempts at replicating the real thing - without your comments I would have assumed them a fiction or at best a caricature of what the real airframe had (am thinking Z-m P-51, where the Mustang experten have said this is the case)

i am confused though as to how any of this stuff will be visible on a finished kit though - do you mean through the hatches in the fuselage, as shown here?

what else am i missing?

20191110-113227.jpg

Radu is ndeed correct of course and if you are an "all hatches open" kind of modeller then yes all of the interior will be seen and you will love getting that detail in but, If like me you are not it's a case of deciding what can and cant be seen and leaving it out as you see fit. I've not fitted any fuel tanks or radio equipment etc in to the fuselage as it wont be seen and will probably come in handy else where.

Regards. Andy 

A little more work done this afternoon and got the landing gear installed and now ready for some RLM 02 before going any further with assembly.

20191114-171523.jpg

20191114-171736.jpg

Also think I have come up with a cunning 0lan to replicate the leather on the inside of the armoured cockpit tub. Hopefully I will have a crack at getting some pictures up over the weekend.

Regards. Andy 

Such internal parts in ZM kits may look useless but they ensure your finished kit can be handled without issues. Do not try that with some large kits made by other manufacturers (the Revell Tornado being a good example) without reinforcing yourself the structure. Personally, I like the sturdiness of ZM kits even if this may somewhat complicates the assembly. 

Thank you all for your kind words gentlemen, I must agree with Thierry regarding the strength of the kit when built up. ZM definitely have a different approach to things but the strength of the airframe is excellent. 

Not had to much modelling time in the last couple of weeks but still progressing nicely. I am working on getting the fuselage less cockpit assembly as complete as possible at the moment and have the basic wing assembly completed as well as completing the empionage, a word of warning over the stabilizers though as these were a pretty sloppy fit and needed to add packing under them while sat on a flat surface to get everything square.

20191120-205344.jpg

Also I've noted with this kit that it seems to be engineered for the full hatch open look. The MG 151 covers are going to take some really careful fitting to avoid gaps/big steps between the two hatches.

20191120-205858.jpg

Also the MG 17 bay covers are supplied to be fitted in the open position and the builder is required to cut them to fit closed. Got some decent bench time later this week so hopefully get these areas sorted.

Regards. Andy

fiddling with the DML Me109 has taught me that things can often fit when pictures or others might show to the contrary, but that I confess that second picture does not make encouraging viewing

it looks like everything needs to be 'shoved up and in' (note use of technical modelling tems) to make those gaps go away??

Thanks for leading the way Andy! I absolutely love the ZM kits I’ve built (Horten, Skyraider, Ta-152H0, Do-335), so I’d like to get this kit at the first opportunity. With that in mind, I’m very curious to see how it will compare with my previous builds in terms of fit and detail. One of my favorite things about these kits is the instructions, with multiple drawings and color photos for each assembly step, as well as a detailed paint guide. Are you finding this with your kit? Great work so far!

Cheers,  Tom