Hopes Dashed! No more WWII WNW kits

vince14

7 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

Both of those observations are strictly your own opinion.

Yep no flies on you. That's why i wrote "in my opinion"

7 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

As for hope: That is on those who made the foolish assumption that the Lancaster was any kind of promise of things to come.

Judging by the amount of time, webspace and electricity used up on this forum alone regarding the non-WWI possibilities he has indeed made a fair few "fools". 

2 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Dont believe a word of it, WnW have a great track record of not leaking anything about possible new kits and so Richard Alexander will stand there and tell no more WW2 subjects but may well have say a Wellington in there pipeline just because Sir Peter wants one and we will k ow nothing until WnW deem it fit.

Regards. Andy 

Well I can only report on what came out of the horse's mouth, and of course there's always the possibility that they might be keeping things under wraps. But when the company's Lead Designer uses phrases like 'the one WWII kit Peter wanted to make', 'exclusively WWI from now on' and 'never again', and says them with a look of relief on his face and with his boss stood next to him, then I have no reason to doubt him.

Of course, if you can get to Telford tomorrow then you can ask him yourself and see if he gives a different answer.

22 minutes ago, vince14 said:

Well I can only report on what came out of the horse's mouth, and of course there's always the possibility that they might be keeping things under wraps. But when the company's Lead Designer uses phrases like 'the one WWII kit Peter wanted to make', 'exclusively WWI from now on' and 'never again', and says them with a look of relief on his face and with his boss stood next to him, then I have no reason to doubt him.

Of course, if you can get to Telford tomorrow then you can ask him yourself and see if he gives a different answer.

Was there today and spent a bit of time around the stand, spoke to RA about price points on the upcoming Lancs and Hadley Pages and couldn't tell me but I'm sure they know. 

I may be missing something but WnW have a very very sound track record of doing exactly what they want and when they want without a hint of a rumour and that wont be changing any time soon so as I said earlier I would take anything they tell us punters on a trade stand with a pinch of salt. I mean last year the guy was telling us a Dr.1 from them would never ever happen ( at that point he will have known it was happening I'm sure) as it's already been done and look what we have now. WnW are in full flow at the moment and they can do anything they wish. Just my thoughts that's all.

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

4 minutes ago, fab said:

In a other point of view....Perharps Mr P.J should try to produce WWI french planes...ouups sorry ...blue, white and red rondels doesn''t seem to be his cup of tea...:whistle:

:rolleyes:

Fab

Very true and surprised they havnt after the sudden Hansa Brandenburg announcement from them, got to say Copper State Neuiports are lovely kits and hope we see their Hansa at some point. 

Regards. Andy 

Perfectly happy to see WNW stay with WW1.

Beautiful kits of great subjects on an era that was effectively dead to 98% of the modelling community brought to life.

If Roden had half a brain then a retool of the Spads to a higher quality would see the expanded WW1 market generate sales they have never seen.

They just have to be good ie like the CSM Nieuport, and if they did they could of sold a boat load.

Technically it could be the truth, never know they might set up a parent company with a different name for WW2 stuff if the Lanc sells well and they realise there's money to be had. Never underestimate greed. As Monty Burns says; "I've so much money, but I'd trade it all, for a little more."

Edited by BradG

They will do what they want when they want. Nothing is set in stone. If you compare the manufacturing complexity of the Dr1 to the Lanc you can see why they would not take on too many large WW2 projects.

Also they have quite a few WW1 types to bring out in many different combinations so there is no need to replicate WW2 subjects, unless PJ wants to of course.

Edited by Pup7309

8 hours ago, D Bellis said:

And how many times did the Wingnut Wings folks adamantly insist that they would NEVER do a Dr.1:

116_zpsbh7y5ukf.jpg

Yeah. :rolleyes:

D

Ah, but WNW never said they wouldn't do a Dr.I (or a Camel for that matter) - they always said things along the lines of 'we have no current plans to do so'. It was the modelling community which turned that into 'never going to happen'.

Believe me or not, but this was an emphatic 'no' from their Lead Designer. Not 'We have no current plans' or 'We'll see how this one sells'. It was a straight up 'no', followed by 'never again', followed by 'The Lancaster is the only WWII kit Peter wanted to produce'. I got the impression that the effort required to get the Lancaster up to their standards has been a real strain for the business, and is an experience they do not want to repeat.

I can empathise with the disappointment amongst some but this is just a reality check.

I remember the posts when the Lancaster was first announced and how it quickly went off into excitement about other WW2 subjects without any form of concrete evidence to back that up.

It's a natural thing to do and when things like this topic come to light some might even feel betrayed in some way.

It's all of our own making and perhaps things went too far with the dreams of other WW2 subjects.

What quickly develops into a "me want" thread can be a big let down if it comes to nothing.

Feet on the ground and deal with it I think is the best policy.

But it's not wrong to think about what might have been.

:)