Hobby Craft (Trumpeter) P-38J Lightning

LSP_K2

One of three (actually four), models that I’ll be trying to complete by September 2020, the big ol’ Hobby Craft (Trumpeter) P-38 Lightning. I’ll be dumping a little bit of everything in the way of AM into this model; Eduard, Master Model, Contact Résine, Mastercasters, etc. Below is the obligatory box shot.

uuUqFV.jpg

This is the scheme, and I already have the decals for it, from this Kagero Lightning at War book. In addition to quite a lot of Lightning references, I've also downloaded a fair amount of photos of NG/OD Lightning models, to use what I do and do not like about them, to assist with my own effort here.

VEHy09.jpg

On 11/8/2019 at 1:57 PM, LSP_K2 said:

I tripped over something in the living room, and broke my left shoulder in two places.

OWWWCH !!  Kevin, how do you build with one arm ??

I'm still on hiatus with one functional eye.  :unsure:

11 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

OWWWCH !!  Kevin, how do you build with one arm ??

I'm still on hiatus with one functional eye.  :unsure:

They put me in a semi-fixed/rigid shoulder restraint, which I continue to wear, but I can still free my forearm (in fact I need to regularly, in order to exercise the elbow), so I can hold things with my left hand and do the rest, sanding and such, with my right, within limits.

What's wrong with your eye?

Awhile back I posted about popping a capillary in my right eye which lets blood leak

into the eyeball and makes a nice swirling mess and wrecks your depth perception.

It does dissipate over time and mine was about 90% clear until 2 days before my

first checkup when I popped another one. This one's worse than the first so they're

going to do an operation called a visectomy. They suck the liquid out of the eye and

replace it at the same time until it's clear enough to see my retina clearly. Then they

weld up the popped veins and any others that look suspicious. I should have normal

vision about a week after that barring any complications.

Does sound scary

nqCyIeX.jpg?1

Good luck with your shoulder Kev.

6 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

they're going to do an operation called a visectomy.

Make sure you get them to check the spelling at least twice otherwise there may be unintended consequences.

Best wishes to both of you, for a successful eye op (and not a snip) and for rapid shoulder healing.

12 hours ago, Lothar said:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a speedy and fully recovery of

the eye.

Lothar

Agreed. Good luck with it, Mike, I'm sure it'll be OK. The same thing used to happen to my ******* boss from time to time.

6 hours ago, DonH said:

Make sure you get them to check the spelling at least twice otherwise there may be unintended consequences.

Best wishes to both of you, for a successful eye op (and not a snip) and for rapid shoulder healing.

Thanks a bunch,