HPH is going to release 1/32 B-52 cockpit section!!!

Jan_G

• 3 weeks later...

I hope they will next offer a resin Slim Pickens pilot figure, complete with cowboy hat.   

In all seriousness, I’m intrigued by this kit.   If they offer it in a way that the interior is fully visible, I think I’d be in.   

What version BUFF is this?  My personal fav is a 60’s SAC bird or maybe a Linebacker II G-model.  

The image of the aircraft cockpit is a D I believe, the resin looks to be a G or H, for me at $150 it'd better be both floors and all stations, which it sorta does look like... It has 6 seats, so the EWO and tail gunner are both there...

On 11/25/2019 at 8:26 AM, panzerrob said:

Hi all,

Here are some photo's of the B52 at the IPMS show last Saturday.

I think it is in 1/48 scale, but it is impressive.

A cockpit in 1/32 will be interesting, but will be visible in the end?

With regards,

Rob

Saw this too. With 3 detail sets this was for sale for €890 (!) about 980 USD!!!! Beautiful but....wow...too much 

On 11/25/2019 at 8:26 AM, panzerrob said:

Hi all,

Here are some photo's of the B52 at the IPMS show last Saturday.

I think it is in 1/48 scale, but it is impressive.

A cockpit in 1/32 will be interesting, but will be visible in the end?

With regards,

Rob

So I'm not following - what's the point of a full interior in the model above?   Unless they are resorting to gimmicks like removable panels or a clear fuselage, nothing aft of the flight deck will be visible.  

2 hours ago, John1 said:

So I'm not following - what's the point of a full interior in the model above?   Unless they are resorting to gimmicks like removable panels or a clear fuselage, nothing aft of the flight deck will be visible.  

I think they are chasing the "But I know it's there!" crowd, like AMT did with their KC-135 kits.

Edited by Lee White

4 hours ago, John1 said:

I'm not seeing a full interior, I see bulkheads and stiffeners to support the thin fiberglass fuse shell.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ron said:

I'm not seeing a full interior, I see bulkheads and stiffeners to support the thin fiberglass fuse shell.

I’m seeing a fully replicated (and quite nice) crew compartment, the vast majority of which will be completely hidden once the kit is assembled.