1/32 Tamiya F-16A

Cheetah11

Not much apparent progress but lots of unnecessary activity. I used the Zotz decals and the roundels silvered just a little. (I sanded the Tamiya Lacquer paints with 2000 grid for a smooth finish and used Micro Set but still a little silvering was present. I think with the rest of the decals will use a slightly thicker decal adhesive.)

So I cut the roundels with the Sillouette cutter after the troubled removal of the roundels. ( I had to sand some of it off and repaint some of the parts.) I measured the roundels from the Zotz sheet  with a vernier but upon sizing it on the software a small error was made. The roundel proportions were only 1 mm off but the more I looked at it the more it bothered me. So onto round 2 and eventually something I could live with.

298B60D1-0E99-473C-8B10-4F7AC6E80011.jpg

I did not want to risk the numbers silvering. so I used the Sillouette cutter on them as well. The decal film on the fin flash could easily be trimmed off.

397AD26D-790E-49A8-BD77-C4C6C1AEFBCC.jpg

Nick

hi Nick

nothing is better than painted markings :rolleyes: you wasted your time with decals , while you have the good tool ;) ,especially since the roundels are easy to achieve :wub: .....sorry mate ........................................................:rolleyes:

Alain 

On 3/14/2020 at 9:00 AM, Cheetah11 said:

I did not want to risk the numbers silvering. so I used the Sillouette cutter on them as well. The decal film on the fin flash could easily be trimmed off.

397AD26D-790E-49A8-BD77-C4C6C1AEFBCC.jpg

Nick

Great job! Masking and painting the markings really does make a difference. It looks like your number are somewhat rounded and uneven - something I have found the Silhouette Studio software can do if you to not draw the numbers yourself. It takes time to draw them but it's well worth the effort.

Jens

1 hour ago, J.J. said:

Great job! Masking and painting the markings really does make a difference. It looks like your number are somewhat rounded and uneven - something I have found the Silhouette Studio software can do if you to not draw the numbers yourself. It takes time to draw them but it's well worth the effort.

Hi Jens. 

Thanks for the advice on the numbers.

I had a look again and to the naked eye it is not as apparent as in the photo. Maybe my eyes are getting poorer in old age.

18 hours ago, alain11 said:

nothing is better than painted markings :rolleyes: you wasted your time with decals , while you have the good tool ;) ,especially since the roundels are easy to achieve :wub: .....sorry mate ........................................................:rolleyes:

Hi Alain

I thought I can take a little short cut since some of the stencils cannot be cut with the Sillouette anyway. Back to the drawing board on this. 

Cheers

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11

17 minutes ago, Cheetah11 said:

Hi Alain

I thought I can take a little short cut since some of the stencils cannot be cut with the Sillouette anyway. Back to the drawing board on this. 

Cheers

Nick

hi

I don't know what can be done with the Silhouette , ,I only remember the tiny stencils you provided me for the F4 u _5  , they worked rater well ;)

Alain