LSP Group Builds for 2020...

BradG

WW1 GB - Was done not so long ago. I know Kev likes to give it a good amount of time before a revisit. There is the chance to build WW1 aircraft in the Eastern Front theme, remember that conflict in Europe didn't end with WW1, there was the Russian Civil War and Allied intervention, Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian Wars of Independence, plus the Soviets fought with pretty much all their neighbours in the 1920's, lots of surplus WW1 aircraft were used.

Trainers - I like the idea, but I'm not sure that will be viable, just not enough in LSP kits available.

All Resin - not enough appeal, not everyone can really afford it or builds in resin.

** front runner** Forgotten Wars - A good idea, lots of available kits for it, just might need a little research on behalf of participants. Isreali/Arab, India/Pakistan, Iraq/Iran, Bay of Pigs, War of Terror, Gulf War 1 and 2, Soccer War, Chinese Civil War, China/Taiwan, Indonesian revolution, Suez etc etc.

** front runner ** Asia - Yeh, good one.Pretty easy.

Two seaters we did not so long ago and our current GB is multi engine. Eastern Front and Cold War jets covers Russian aircraft. Forgotten Wars and Asia are the front runners at this stage I'd say, any other ideas?

23 hours ago, BradG said:

Hi All,

As you're probably aware, the LSP Anniversary GB has about 8 weeks left, so we thought it best to prepare for what comes after. Below is what we have come up with, trying to cater to as many as possible with variety of fronts and times. We do have one open spot, so I thought I'd ask for suggestions and see what people might like to do for that one.

1st December 2019 - 31st May 2020

30 Years of the Eastern Front 1915-1945.

1st March 2020 -  31st August 2020

Cold War Jets

1st June 2020 - 30th November 2020

80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain

1st September2020 - 28th Feb 2021

?

Fire away with some suggestions. Keep in mind the availability of LSP kits too when making a suggestion. 

There is absolutely no way that I can finish a 32nd scale kit in 6 months heh heh :lol: Fred K.

All suggestions (Eastern Front, BoB, Cold War) are fine with me! :thumbsup:

For the last slot It´s WWI or Trainers/Two seaters for me! :please:

Trainers are often very colorful and there´s more of them out there then You might believe!

Cheers! :beer:

Stefan :)

Edited by Phantom2

1 hour ago, Hawkwrench said:

What about the GWOT suggestion?

Tim

I've put that within the Forgotten Wars suggestion, although I think we could change the name there to Other Wars or Small Wars or something. As a stand alone topic for LSP's it could be a bit small.

3 minutes ago, Phantom2 said:

:thumbsup:

For the last slot It´s Trainers/Two seaters for me! :please:

Often very colorful and there´s more of them out there then You might believe!

Cheers! :beer:

Stefan :)

I do like this idea, but need a little more added to it I think, unless you can convince me there are enough trainer type aircraft in 1/32 that would made a group build viable. 

2 hours ago, kikka said:

there is a whole lot of two seater planes in trumpeter's list . from the migs and SU to the nanchang and YAK 18

you also have the K5Y , the Hawk , the buckeye and skyhawk and trojan.

plus resin convertions sets .

On further consideration, I do believe you are correct. I got the count up to 21 kits available. I would also like to include aircraft of Operational Training Units and aircraft flown by the Navy Fighter Weapons School. If everyone is cool with that, we can lock it in.

6 hours ago, Bradleygolding said:

Airborne movie stars?

Steve

5 hours ago, BradG said:

A bit limited for LSP's.

It does have quite a bit of WW1 potential though

Can we define where 'Eastern Front' covers please?

Richard

26 minutes ago, BradG said:

On further consideration, I do believe you are correct. I got the count up to 21 kits available. I would also like to include aircraft of Operational Training Units and aircraft flown by the Navy Fighter Weapons School. If everyone is cool with that, we can lock it in.

If this is for a Trainers GB (rather than a two seater which was suggested), there's also the KH T-6/Harvard, the ICM Jungmann series, the Revell Tiger Moth (I have a spare if anybody wants one!)  without even thinking about Silver Wings Stearman and pending Tiger Moth!  Looks like I could be in for two GBs next year. :yahoo: