NEW Eduard P-40E (Hasegawa rebox) - BFC activation model

Jan_G

56 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

I guess this probably demonstrates the sales of the initial kit were too low to get rid of all the kits purchased from Hasegawa... Otherwise they would have released the K. 

I have three of the original kits.  What more can I  or anyone else do to help them "rid" themselves of the kits?

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

I guess this probably demonstrates the sales of the initial kit were too low to get rid of all the kits purchased from Hasegawa... Otherwise they would have released the K. 

Eduard released the Hasegawa P-40E?

6 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I have three of the original kits.  What more can I  or anyone else do to help them "rid" themselves of the kits?

Nothing because the kits were overpriced for people not interested in the gimmick add-ons. 

For such special editions by other companies, Hasegawa typically sell them a multiple of 500 bagged kits (quite often 1000,1500 or even 2000). Even if they are heavily discounted, this is an excellent operation for the molds owner: zero marketing cost and an immediate revenue for what is already an old kit. Obviously the situation is different for the other company as they must find a way to convince customers that they should pay more for a model they possibly have already purchased! However, as they do not have to invest in mold cutting, this is often seen as a win-win approach. I think the problem of that logic is the average cost of large scale kits. First, the customer base is far lower. Second, as the large scale kits are already among the most expensive ones, many modellers will look for good prices and avoid any additional cost. I think this explains why such special releases are less attractive in large scale. Marginally, the additional cost is heavier than the one for a 1/48th kit such as a special edition of the Me 109. Conclusion: if your special edition strategy is not that effective, you must find another way to get rid of such bagged kits in another way while spending a minimal amount of money and here emerges the 'Bunny club' solution... 

this new Bunny Fighter club entry model is quite welcome addition for local LSP modellers from Czech Republic and Slovakia. I personally will buy one even I don't care about funny markings. The 15 % permanent discount means that I dont have to look for better prices with LHS and during big events I will benefit form 25% discount online ( I really don't care about BFC tshirt or entry model for E-Day). Locally the shipping is cheap with Eduard, with free shipping over 100€

jan