Source of Litho Plate?

Howdy,

I am unhappy with applying aluminum foil to my models. It looks great at first, but it peels off over time.

I'd like to try litho plate. Where does this come from? Do I have to call local printers and ask for their scraps?

Thanks!

Brent

Hrmmm. I've done what feels like hundreds of foiled models and can't think of one that had the foil straight peeled off. Edges sometimes come up from lack of glue in that area, but havnt had any peel up yet.

AAMOF, I've got  a foiled Has P-47 in my cabinet I did back in 2007 that doesnt even have any edges peeling up.

What glue have you been using?

I've been using Bare Metal Foil adhesive. A few of mine have started to peel. My theory is thermal expansion. The plastic is expanding and contracting at a different rate from the aluminum. So, it starts to delaminate. I have been considering trying epoxy. CA doesn't work...

I too have foiled lots of models. No paint comes close to what foil looks like.

Brent

I've got a stash from years ago, its 0.2mm thick A4 size but it definitely wouldn't go round a compound curve without a fight. I used to roll it in a device I made to create corrugated iron sheets in 1:19 scale, another one of my failed money making ideas.

Graham 

30 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

If lithoplate is your desire, Peter (Airscale) is the man you need to talk to.

This is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you for the tip!

Brent