We have 32nd B-17, B-24 and Lancasters (plural!). What's next? B-29?

Brent

Howdy Gang!

I was rooting thru the stash last night. I was pawing all the old Monogram 1/48 bombers. Almost everything has been done. Those that haven't (A-26 & B-26) will probably show up soon. However, the B-29 hasn't been mentioned, has it? What other monster kits will be coming out of China?

We can build most all battleships and carriers in 1/200. I understand even a Titanic is due soon. Why not a B-29?

ß!

My top five 1/32 would be:

Short Sunderland III or V 

Handley Page Halifax — Hercules radials, rectangular fins, rounded or squared wingtips 

Convair TB/B-58A Hustler 

Consolidated PBY5 Catalina 

Vickers Armstrong Wellington — late 

(And in 1/48 an Avro Vulcan B.2 and Handley Page Victor SR.2 or K.2)

Wouldn't be surprised if some made it into IM styrene within the next five-six years.

Tony 

11 minutes ago, Tony T said:

My top five 1/32 would be:

Short Sunderland III or V 

Handley Page Halifax — Hercules radials, rectangular fins, rounded or squared wingtips 

Convair TB/B-58A Hustler 

Consolidated PBY5 Catalina 

Vickers Armstrong Wellington — late 

(And in 1/48 an Avro Vulcan B.2 and Handley Page Victor SR.2 or K.2)

Wouldn't be surprised if some made it into IM styrene within the next five-six years.

Tony 

Now that's a rather fine wish list Tony, a Hustler would be amazing.

Regards. Andy 

3 hours ago, Brent said:

Howdy Gang!

I was rooting thru the stash last night. I was pawing all the old Monogram 1/48 bombers. Almost everything has been done. Those that haven't (A-26 & B-26) will probably show up soon. However, the B-29 hasn't been mentioned, has it? What other monster kits will be coming out of China?

We can build most all battleships and carriers in 1/200. I understand even a Titanic is due soon. Why not a B-29?

ß!

are you talking 1/32?

in which case "almost everything" certainly has *not* been done, but maybe you were talking about 1/48 historically?

My personal top 5 "biggies" in 1/32 would be:

1 Short Sunderland

2 TSR 2

3 He177

4 Short Stirling

5 Vickers Wellington

If I was let's say Hong Kong Models or Hobbyboss, and I was trying to sell as many as possible, I reckon I would definitely pop out a Heinkel He177 - the bad boys always sell well ;)

I could see some German subjects being done or redone in the lines of their various twin engine bombers like the HE-111.  I am not greatly interested personally in multi engine LSP’s, however I won’t take the position anymore that no one will ever do “X”.  I am comfortable saying Tamiya won’t do these kits but someone else might.  Between HKM, Trumpeter, Zoukei-Mura and Hobby Boss you never know anymore what someone might offer in 1/32.  It all comes down to someone with the will and.desire to bring a specific kit to market and I don’t think anything is off limits anymore.  

32 minutes ago, mozart said:

I just want a Short Stirling......so ugly it’s beautiful, and vastly under-rated as an aeroplane, being superseded by the Lancaster. If you haven't already done so, read Murray Peden’s “A Thousand Shall Fall” to get his take on the Stirling. 

Ah yes, the Sterling was my first multi engined build in 72nd scale, loved those airfix kits from way back when. A 32nd scale Sterling would be very cool indeed.

Regards. Andy 

while discussing HPH B-52, Gary from GT Resin mentioned that he has seen  3D printed  interior and one engine of the B-29

anyhow that would be mutimedia kit instead of IM

my list would be:

B-29

C-46

He-177

C-47

PBM

C-54

jan