Trumpeter 1/32 P-38

Grizly

For Bigg Tim, I did a little scratch building based on some research. See below.

For Tim Hepplestone, It's a good kit but previous modellers have expressed frustration getting a good lower wing to nacelle joint and have invariably resorted to filling the joints with lots of putty. I found that key to completing the wing to nacelle/tail boom assembly was joining the lower wing half to the nacelles first rather than following the kit instructions. With this method you end up with a perfect seam/panel line joint that requires absolutely no filler. Its a but joint so I reinforced the inside with plastic strip. See below.

imGhM7X.jpg

CcV0Gh0.jpg

For Dennismcc and Tim Hepplestone, further clarification should you be interested in adopting by build sequence... the following photo shows my first step in pulling the basic assembly together. In the photo you have (from left to right) the underside assemblies for the starboard outer, port outer and center section wing/tail boom components. As you can see, this approach provides perfect wing/tail boom joints.

ks06vSr.jpg