1/32 Soviet Stuff??

Aviacom

Trying to get a manufacturer interested in doing some Soviet era stuff atm, I think there could be enough interest out there.

We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime I suppose it's scratchbuild or nothing! :mellow:

15 hours ago, Aviacom said:

Hi,

Anyone know where I can lay my hands on a 1/32 Soviet Jet starter cart please?

Or

Even some pictures so I can have a go at scratch building one? I’ve trawled the web but can’t find anything!?

Thanks

most Soviet ground equipment were'n carts,but based on trucks

so first you have to have these trucks,mostly ZIL,URAL,MAZ,KRAZ

some of them maybe exist in 1/35

Then all the equipment on them

Soviet starters were in the name APA-X, current truck is APA-5D starter truck, based on Ural 4320 chassis. If I remember correctly, previous was APA-5, based on Ural-375D chassis. Chassis and conversion kits for 375 exist in 1/35 scale. if you're lucky, you may find the OOP APA-5D conversion from HAD models in Hungary. I too hope that such a truck will come out in 1/32 scale, but you all know, there is even no IM WW2 jeep in 1/32

I’ve been watching many YouTube videos of Russian and Polish MiG’s on startup, and many of them use a starter or Ground Power Unit that is basically a square box on wheels, the front two wheels are obviously movable to steer the unit. 

The GPU actually looks very similar to the British ‘Houchin’ GPU except the Russian/Polish Unit doesn’t have the ‘Side Trays’.

So, it would seem right to scratch build this unit, or even use some of the parts from the 1/32 Flightpath ‘Houchin’

GPU to use as a basis??

I've searched the web for the aforementioned HAD Models conversion for the APA-5D unit but to no avail.

Thanks