Silver Wings Tiger Moth 1/32!!

Anthony in NZ

8 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Is the Matchbox/Revell kit so bad to justify a full resin kit release? I'm wondering. 

It’s not bad as in the SMER 1/48 thing, but it’s lacking in detail In places and wrong in others.  With research and effort it can be built into a very presentable looking model, as in Eric Galliers example, but then I’m wondering why NOT issue a full resin kit? 

Edited by mozart

Well, typically because people who already have the plastic kit generally like an improvement set whereas they possibly hesitate in getting another full kit. Obviously there are cases where an improvement set does not really makes sense but this does not prevent that psychological barrier to be effective (the "I already have one" syndrom). 

34 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, typically because people who already have the plastic kit generally like an improvement set whereas they possibly hesitate in getting another full kit. Obviously there are cases where an improvement set does not really makes sense but this does not prevent that psychological barrier to be effective (the "I already have one" syndrom). 

I think the two products will be chalk and cheese Thierry. I have four of the Revell Tiger Moths (one unbuilt.....would you like it? :D) but the Silver Wings kit will be light years beyond them I’ve no doubt.