1/12 MFH Ferrari GTO 250 - Finished

MikeA

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for the comments all! I am pleased that you all enjoyed the photos. Sorry it's been a long time getting back to this - work and then the festive season got in the way. However, it is now finished - just need to get a case and make some mounting pegs to hold her off the wheels.

The windscreen and rear window trims worked well in the end. it was just tedious works as the white glue struggled to hold the flimsy white metal and polished aluminium together whist I hand shaped the latter. The first photo shows the result of chain drilling to get the rough shape, which was then finished using needle files.

The remaining photos are all of the finished model. I left off the side mirrors which are mounted on the door window frames of the real car as I was concerned that these would be too frail. I also omitted the temporary speedometer which is mounted on the top of the transmission tunnel in front of the gear lever when the car is used on the road - it is not fitted for races, with the drivers being reliant on the large rev counter instead. In the end I couldn't get a clear enough photo of the dial to make it worth my while. The other major discrepancy from Nick Mason's car is the shape of the front grill which has a flatter lower edge on his car - way too difficult for me to change on this one. The myriad of small, and some major, changes made to the model to reflect the real one really did add to the experience of building the kit. I reckon these kits should be enjoyed at least once in a lifetime.

The custom number plates were made from 4mm and 6mm self-adhesive letter and number sets from BECC in the UK. The Pulse CD was tossed in as a nod to the role this car had for that Pink Floyd tour.

On with the photos........

IMG_0250

IMG_0259

IMG_0258

IMG_0284

IMG_0280

IMG_0276

IMG_0278

IMG_0275

IMG_0265

IMG_0264

IMG_0263

IMG_0261

IMG_0260

IMG_0267

IMG_0266

IMG_0268

Thanks for following on the journey. It's a shame the engine is all but invisible, but the WIP photos show it very clearly. Such a gorgeous shape that car is though, so it can be forgiven.

Cheers,

Mike

• MikeA changed the title to 1/12 MFH Ferrari GTO 250 - Finished

OMG, that is brilliant!! So pretty....

If you took pics of this outside it would be hard to tell it apart from the real one. Truely an epic build that most of us will never see in the plastic, metal and everything else that's gone into this piece of automotive art. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by The Madhatter