Hobby Boss B24j 1/32

Vynce804

57 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Coming along very nicely, the Eduard cockpit stiff looks good. Have you tried closing the fuselage halves with all of the interior in place as I found on mine it wouldn't close up until the bulkhead were trimmed quite significantly in places?

Regards. Andy 

Thanks Andy,

yes the Eduard cockpit looks ok,  frustratingly it’s not exactly the colour I would have liked but for what will be seen it will do the job of making the cockpit look suitably busy when the canopy is on.  If and when I do another I will probably go the air scale route as you are doing on your great build.  

Talking of which thanks to your tips in your WIP thread I’m benefiting from your experience and have omitted all the interior  bulkhead detail aft of the waist positions and have considerably trimmed the over complicated structure for the ball turret along the fuselage spine so no fuselage fit issues.   
Im really liking this kit, but wish that HB had saved money on some of the interior pieces that won’t be seen and invested a little more in the turrets and engines.  I shouldn’t really complain as others have said we have a 1/32 B24 to enjoy!

cheers

Matt

Following this build with tons of interest! the D is high on my want list, but having seen the nose correction done, I can’t seem to bring myself to buy one until a corrected nose becomes available, along with the corrected wing airfoils. If I spend the money on a kit of this size, I’d really like to do it up right; same goes for a B-17E should the updated nose we’ve see; there become available. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’m just about done with all the major construction and have come to  a decision point..... do I rivet the airframe or not.  I will think about it over Xmas as I don’t think I will get any more modelling done this year so it’s a decision for 2020.  The turrets when together ok though there was a bit of trimming involved to get the internals to fit.  It’s a real shame about the seams in the wrong place but after a while you don’t really notice anymore.

wishing everyone a very merry christmas and a happy new year

Matt5kL1ZDO.jpgmW5DIY6.jpgOSKeo9g.jpgMb0Ezb8.jpg7ys8cc9.jpgRM2bHWw.jpgx1s2u46.jpgyEkH2k6.jpg

• 1 month later...