Hobby Boss B24j 1/32

Vynce804

I have already started the HK models b25 and I don’t generally build more than 1 kit at once.  But I was sat in my modelling area and the big b24 box caught my eye!  You know what it’s like, get the box down, study the artwork.  Open the lid and look at all the plastic, maybe get a spruce or 2 out of their plastic bag.  Perhaps snip a part or even 3 off to see how they fit and before you know it the Tamiya extra thin is out and you are building the kit!

This though is going to be a long term build, the plan is to get as much of the major construction finished as possible and then rivet the whole airframe.  I’ve never done this before but when compared to my b17. It really seems to be needed in such a big kit. 
Cheers

matt

ADC7uaY.jpgg3Y7sWB.jpg

Hi Andy,  I had heard wheels were an issue!  I’m using a set of Eduard B17 resin wheels I have spare which I believe are ok.  And I got the true details resin wheel set for the B25 which has 2 nose wheels one of which I will use for the B24. I’ve not tried it yet but I’m hopeful it will work.  
cheers

matt

7 hours ago, RonGUSA said:

Hey Vynce804

Sorry but its the wrong size.

B-25 = 30" SC - 30.0" dia./10.62" wide.

B-24 = 36" SC - 36.5" dia./20.11" wide.

I used the main wheel from a P-38 its a 36" SC

Ron G 

Hi Ron,

thanks for the info... I knew it was too good to be true!  Looks like I will be getting a set of True details resin wheels for this kit!

cheers. Matt

7 hours ago, nmayhew said:

re cocktail hour, there seem to be quite a few images on the net, but this might be helpful?

apparently no ventral turret...

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2008/05/b24j-cocktail-hour.htm

Thank you for the link,  great info.  I really like the cocktail hour artwork  and is probably my first choice at the moment.   Though the different nose turret and lack of a ball turret may be a deal breaker!

Quick update as I have  managed to get some paint on the cockpit. I’ve included some seat belts from my spares box and   I’ve have used the Eduard pe set which looks ok but think the green is a little light,  but as the cockpit will be quite dark with the canopy on I think this will be an advantage!

cheers. Matt

9kYgrwg.jpga6OfT9p.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The interior is done with the exception of the windows which are still to go

in.  I’ve only really painted what will be seen and even then I think that is wishful thinking in the nose and waist Gun position!  Fuselage join next and then onto the wings.

cheers

matt

ELbuKyX.jpg

7B2lBRx.jpg

HOgtYUZ.jpgKnSARwz.jpgTjj8HTK.jpgwsd20bI.jpg