Testors

Hacker

I just read it again,  this is highly suspicious.  The rumor that Testors MM was disappearing goes back to about 2010 or earlier.

For a Corporate letter it's poorly composed.  What defines costly? the consumer would be the one to decide that wouldn't they? and the stuff sells.

The leading post's info being fake or not doesn't change the fact that the Testors Model Master enamel paints for aircraft have dwindled to less than 30 colors currently available:

https://www.testors.com/product-catalog/testors-brands/model-master/international-military-and-figure

You can bet the trend will continue.

D

2 hours ago, D Bellis said:

Over the last two years, Testors first stated that they were discontinuing certain colors, then rapidly discontinued everything in stages. Model Master paints have all but disappeared from hobby shops, and they are getting harder to find online as well.

All of the hobby shops I have been to in the Atlanta area have lots of Model Master, as well as most in Orlando. And they are all good selections.

2 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

All of the hobby shops I have been to in the Atlanta area have lots of Model Master, as well as most in Orlando. And they are all good selections.

Nothing but empty racks up here. Given that the Testors' site shows so few colors still available, it is just a matter of time before your LHS racks are empty, too. 

D

19 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

Nothing but empty racks up here. Given that the Testors' site shows so few colors still available, it is just a matter of time before your LHS racks are empty, too. 

D

And PC gaming is dead. 

Maybe you should ask your LHS why they don't stock it and others do.

He actually has a point if their web site is accurate.  Their FS paint line alone went from just about all colors to 11 colors (just one shade of grey).

British WW2 colors are down to four colors, they don't even show dark earth, sand, and no royal navy colors.

They are down to 61 colors (includes about for or five flat blacks and whites) to cover all US, British, Russian, Italian, German, and Japanese colors in Armour and aircraft since WW2

Something is up for sure unless it's a lazy website.

1 hour ago, CATCplSlade said:

Maybe you should ask your LHS why they don't stock it and others do.

No idea what PC gaming has to do with Testors, but if you had gone through the categories I had linked above you'd have seen that the remaining lines of Testors' aircraft enamels consists of:

US Military Enamel Paints:  11 colors (some of those not applicable to aircraft)

WWII US & UK Enamel Paints:  4 colors 

WWII German Luftwaffe Paints:  11 colors (a further 9 colors listed for "WWII German Panzer")

WWII Italian/Japanese/Russian:  8 colors (2 Italian, 3 each Japanese and Russian)

Within those lists are some duplicates for generic whites and blacks as Ron already pointed out. 

That's it for aircraft colors. There are 3 other categories there for colors pertaining to Figures, Naval and Modern Armor, but those are outside of both my areas of interest and the scope of this board. 

Argue all you want, but the facts are the facts - take it or leave it. 

D