Testors

Hacker

I hope someone picks up the line...  it's a definite hobby icon and the diversity of products they offered extend well beyond paint itself.  I gotta make it a point to go out and grab all the tiny bottles of Testers zinc chromatic I can get my hands on...  not only is it a great color for untinted zinc, it's a great start to make interior green for US aircraft but also some Japanese interior colors too.

That and I despise most acrylics.

What in the Wild Wild World of Sports is a going on here, as they say in Blazing Saddles!!!  First, it was Hobbico going belly up and all the Monogram/Revell molds going to Germany for most part. In that, Italeri and Hasegawa distributorships for the U.S. also was lost, and I haven't heard if anyone picked them up. Then, Testors is bought out by Rust-o-leum, and they start to diminish colors, and now they are no longer going to make model master paints!  This just sucks!!!! Is everything in, or about, our hobby going overseas????

Over the last two years, Testors first stated that they were discontinuing certain colors, then rapidly discontinued everything in stages. Model Master paints have all but disappeared from hobby shops, and they are getting harder to find online as well.

Fortunately, we have an up-and-coming replacement for Model Master enamel paint in True Northhttps://www.truenorthpaints.com/paintseries

In order for them to continue to expand their color lines, we modelers have to support them. :)

D

I still have a lot of MM enamels.  Recently I retired several bottles that had gone bad but they were about 35 years old.

Recently I learned how to airbrush the MM acryl paints and I really like the results.  Hope this is fake news...