HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35

1 hour ago, WAD3 said:

Pete was wondering how you matched up the armored floor holes to where the hooks are. I'm just trying to figure an easy way to do this.

Thanks 

Andrew

I made a template with wide masking tape- I burnished it down over the floor so that the tie downs showed thru..then I cut away the tie down sections from the tape, then peeled the tape up and had a template to make the armor plates

let me know if that doesn’t make sense!

cheers

Pete

47 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

Here's a pic showing what I mean. If you look at where the strut comes out of the MLG strut fairing, you can see the forward angle of the strut. 

Hope this helps!

20201030_194526

Tim

so funny that you mentioned this Tim-

I’ve been looking at reference photos And noticed the same thing- when the weight is off the gear the vertical oleos move forward toward the nose at a slight angle-

thanks for the solid confirmation!

cheers

Pete

On 10/30/2020 at 2:57 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

I made a template with wide masking tape- I burnished it down over the floor so that the tie downs showed thru..then I cut away the tie down sections from the tape, then peeled the tape up and had a template to make the armor plates

let me know if that doesn’t make sense!

cheers

Pete

Pete that makes complete sense and better than anything I had come up with. I would have really screwed it up. ;)

Thanks for answering my questions!