HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

12 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Totally insane !!!!

They look real.

What color did you use for the tail antenna (black one)?

Tim

hi Tim,

that was Mr Surfacer Black 1500 primer dusted with Floquil Grimy Black, then rubbed a bit with a Tamiya rubber weathering set-

Im still playing with it; so more weathering to follow on that part

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

8 hours ago, Starfighter said:

The surface detail looks just stunning. I have to keep myself from starting my SH-60B right away - I have to resist!! Pete, how much of the custom sheet have you used so far? Are there enough rivets or is it way too much? 

Hi Ben!
thanks my friend!

I’ve used about half of the custom sheet. A few more rivets to place on the sponsons, etc... but not many. 

cheers

Pete

Thanks for the info Pete, good to know!

Of course I couldn't resist to remove a few parts from the sprues. I really like the interior detail, it's just a bit of a shame they seem to have rushed the kit in some areas - locating pins / tabs etc are a bit of a letdown in some areas. I MUST finish that Phantom soon as I really want to start my SH-60B. I've been waiting for this kit for so long... 

Back to your WIP - I am really looking forward to the next steps. I hope the dog house and engine housings will fit well. That's quite a few complicated parts to be mated and we all know it's often a bit difficult to assemble parts in 'closed' position when they are intended to be assembled in 'open' position... 

1 hour ago, WAD3 said:

Pete was wondering how you matched up the armored floor holes to where the hooks are. I'm just trying to figure an easy way to do this.

Thanks 

Andrew

I made a template with wide masking tape- I burnished it down over the floor so that the tie downs showed thru..then I cut away the tie down sections from the tape, then peeled the tape up and had a template to make the armor plates

let me know if that doesn’t make sense!

cheers

Pete

47 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

Here's a pic showing what I mean. If you look at where the strut comes out of the MLG strut fairing, you can see the forward angle of the strut. 

Hope this helps!

20201030_194526

Tim

so funny that you mentioned this Tim-

I’ve been looking at reference photos And noticed the same thing- when the weight is off the gear the vertical oleos move forward toward the nose at a slight angle-

thanks for the solid confirmation!

cheers

Pete