HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

7 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Might lose some more as I handle the model adding some parts before paint. I’ll inspect it for lost rivets again before I black prime it-

Pete,

Actually you shouldn't lose any and a primer coat will have a negligible, if any affect on adhesion. The way you are doing it now is fine and you should not lose any rivets by handling the model. When I did my Wildcat build I glued a part in the wrong place and in the process of fixing it I had to do some sanding around the rivets. As you can see in this photo, the rivets took sanding without coming off.

Try it yourself on a scrap part. There's only two ways to remove the rivets once they're on and dy; pop them off with your hobby knife or sand them off.

168829743.jpg

8 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Pete,

Actually you shouldn't lose any and a primer coat will have a negligible, if any affect on adhesion. The way you are doing it now is fine and you should not lose any rivets by handling the model. When I did my Wildcat build I glued a part in the wrong place and in the process of fixing it I had to do some sanding around the rivets. As you can see in this photo, the rivets took sanding without coming off.

Try it yourself on a scrap part. There's only two ways to remove the rivets once they're on and dy; pop them off with your hobby knife or sand them off.

168829743.jpg

Thanks Woody!
I am very impressed by how well the rivets perform. This is truly a miracle-product. They are the best.. no question.

Thank you for all of your helpful insight as I went down this path-

most of the ones I accidentally knocked off were from me bumping the model into something hard on my crowded workbench-

cheers

Pete

8 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Looking great, Pete! I have jsut recevied my SH-60F from China... can't wait to have a closer look at it later today. Kepp those great updates coming! 

Excellent Ben! I know yours will be another of your master works- looking forward to it very much!

cheers

Pete

Pete, following this terrific build and it is really inspiring me to try some level of detailing I haven’t tried before. I do have a question about some of the medic packs used in the cabin. Been looking hard for similar items and haven’t had any luck. Could you point me in a direction to find similar packs. I have found the personal packs but nothing in the clay of the medic packs. T

thanks 

Andrew 

22 hours ago, WAD3 said:

Pete, following this terrific build and it is really inspiring me to try some level of detailing I haven’t tried before. I do have a question about some of the medic packs used in the cabin. Been looking hard for similar items and haven’t had any luck. Could you point me in a direction to find similar packs. I have found the personal packs but nothing in the clay of the medic packs. T

thanks 

Andrew 

Hi Andrew,

I understand your frustration! I spent many nights searching for gear with Google. Search terms that will help you are “ 1/35 modern accessories “ and 1/35 modern stowage” for typical gear. The Black hanging bags are a single resin item from Reedoak, as are the helmet bags. I found some EMS bags on Shapeways. Also, search EBay - there are resin casters/manufacturers that only sell on EBay.

Some other manufacturers you might check out are DEFModel & Black Ops

hth

Pete

Pete,

Thanks so much. Found the gear I needed. Appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Always looking forward to your updates. Once I finish my latest project in the next two weeks hopefully I will start on this. Not expecting anything near what you’ve done but will enjoy trying some of what I’ve seen with your model. 

thanks

Andrew