HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

A Master Class in Archer Decal Rivet application!  I've used these rivets many times before and have become pretty good at it, but I would be hard pressed to equal what you have done so far.  I even learned something new with the Waterfiller Putty you used to fill the rivet depressions, which I've never heard of before.  I just ordered two bottles (along with some other stuff I've never used before) from True Earth.   Learning new things keeps our hobby fresh and interesting.

Cheers,

Chuck

1 hour ago, chuck540z3 said:

A Master Class in Archer Decal Rivet application!  I've used these rivets many times before and have become pretty good at it, but I would be hard pressed to equal what you have done so far.  I even learned something new with the Waterfiller Putty you used to fill the rivet depressions, which I've never heard of before.  I just ordered two bottles (along with some other stuff I've never used before) from True Earth.   Learning new things keeps our hobby fresh and interesting.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck for the kind words- I’ve lost track of all the awesome and outstanding techniques you’ve given me over the years.. happy to reciprocate even a little!

cheers

Pete

3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Pete what size rivets are they and are these the same ones from the A4 sheet you had made?

Not sure what “size”. I told Woody the scale, actual rivet diameter and rivet spacing and he made me an A4 size sheet-

but I can compare them to some other Archer rivet sheets I have-

In addition to the A4 sheet that makes up the majority of the rivets on the Pavehawk, I also have several different Archer sheets I’m using for the various other rivet runs on the helicopter-

cheers

Pete

5 hours ago, Brett M said:

Looking excellent Pete. The amount of detail you've crammed inside and now outside is stunning. And you're making me think crazy thoughts about filling all the rivets on my Dauntless and attempting the same work. Crazy!

Brett

Hi Brett!

thanks brother! 

Lucky for me my Pavehawk is overall Gunship Grey, so there will be virtually no masking over/across the rivets. 

Love the idea of riveting an SBD, but I’d have to think about how to best mask it!

cheers

Pete

14 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Not sure what “size”. I told Woody the scale, actual rivet diameter and rivet spacing and he made me an A4 size sheet-

but I can compare them to some other Archer rivet sheets I have-

In addition to the A4 sheet that makes up the majority of the rivets on the Pavehawk, I also have several different Archer sheets I’m using for the various other rivet runs on the helicopter-

cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete. The tiny sheets he sells are a tad pricey. I imagine an A4 sheet was well north of a couple hundred bucks?

2 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Thanks Pete. The tiny sheets he sells are a tad pricey. I imagine an A4 sheet was well north of a couple hundred bucks?

Honestly I don’t recall, it was several years ago when I was planning on using the Academy kit- but I do remember that Woody was a huge help, a pleasure to work with, and very reasonable on the cost.

cheers

Pete

19 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Brett!

thanks brother! 

Lucky for me my Pavehawk is overall Gunship Grey, so there will be virtually no masking over/across the rivets. 

Love the idea of riveting an SBD, but I’d have to think about how to best mask it!

cheers

Pete

I could get away with the tri color scheme in airbrush.....but insignia, I’d have to resort to decals, since I’d be afraid of pulling rivets. 

thinking thinking......

Anyway, back to a HAWK!

I masked and painted over the rivets on my T-45.  I did prime with Tamiya Fine white lacquer primer, any hot paint should be enough to homogenize the rivets into the finish.  Got converted to Mr. Color yet?  If not get some Tamiya fine primer and you should be solid, as long as you don't use 100mph tape.

Timmy!