HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

Hey all-

I decided to cut off the molded-on trim tabs and rough in some better ones. I probably should have done this to the master before I sent it off to Harold..

d5arE9q.jpg

I also added some fastener detail to each tip area, but it’s not in the photo above-

blades are primed with Mr Surfacer 1500 black..

Y2VOafu.jpg

I can’t say enough good things about Harold’s rotor blade castings- they are fantastic 

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Sad to see this build come to an end. This was the 1st thread I looked at for an update every day when I visited LSP Pete. This has been an awesome ride and I've learned so many things from you and saved a BUNCH of your build pics for my references.

Can't wait for the ebook to come out and especially looking forward to the Little Bird and Jayhawk builds coming up!

This is the BEST H-60 build I've ever seen. You should be proud!!!

Tim

Such an incredible build! I had to put mine back on the box waitting for you to finish cause I felt so frustrated for not beeing able to come to solutions such as yours! thank you very much for taking the time to document your awesome work! now I can go back to mine and keep feelling frustrading for not beeing able to replicate anything you have done!! great show!

1 hour ago, kike_gt said:

Such an incredible build! I had to put mine back on the box waitting for you to finish cause I felt so frustrated for not beeing able to come to solutions such as yours! thank you very much for taking the time to document your awesome work! now I can go back to mine and keep feelling frustrading for not beeing able to replicate anything you have done!! great show!

thank you for the kind words! I’d love to see your Pavehawk! 
Cheers

Pete

36 minutes ago, easixpedro said:

Damn you Pig. This is so stellar, you’ve got me thinking about my own LSP helo scene. It’s an idea that I can’t shake right now...gotta see if I can find a Dragon UH-1D for a cool landing scene like this.

Booger-

I get it...I totally blame Timmy! For this BTW.

so you are getting the vapors about a new project huh? Can’t stop thinking about it? I get that too...I have gone down some crazy rabbit holes lately conceptualizing my Jayhawk ocean rescue..got a really cool idea for the ocean water..and I think I can actually pull it off. Gonna stretch waaay out of my comfort zone, which is where all the learning and growth lives- should be fun!

cheers

Pigfighter

20 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Booger-

I get it...I totally blame Timmy! For this BTW.

so you are getting the vapors about a new project huh? Can’t stop thinking about it? I get that too...I have gone down some crazy rabbit holes lately conceptualizing my Jayhawk ocean rescue..got a really cool idea for the ocean water..and I think I can actually pull it off. Gonna stretch waaay out of my comfort zone, which is where all the learning and growth lives- should be fun!

cheers

Pigfighter

Yeah, water ain’t easy, but neither is dust or in-flight rotor blades and I think you’ll nail it, just like you did with those!

Not to hijack, (but...) here’s the scene stuck in my head. It’s like an ear-worm but worse! Figure a combo of these scenes— a Huey dropping of troopers in the Central Highlands in Vietnam. Would like to see if I can suspend it and toy around with the knocked down trees.

51072543687_c578a128b6_b.jpg

51072542507_64f45c68b5_b.jpg

if I can’t find a Dragon kit, I guess it’ll have to be the 1/48th KH kit. But bigger would be more dramatic.