HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

36 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Does the tail rotor change at all in flight, or is it just the main rotors that flex during flight?

The whole looks absolutely incredible.  Almost to the finish line.

Matt 

I've never seen or heard of the tail rotor flexing.

All they do is pivot just like a propeller on an airplane by inputs from the anti-torque pedals in the cockpit which in turn changes the pitch angle of the blades. 

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

6 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

I've never seen or heard of the tail rotor flexing.

All they do is pivot just like a propeller on an airplane by inputs from the anti-torque pedals in the cockpit which in turn changes the pitch angle of the blades. 

Tim

That's what I figured, but wanted to ask.  Just know how much the main rotors flex in flight.

Matt 

9 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Tail rotor is up-

O2KGn0j.jpg

Wow, that is fantastic Pete, well done! (I don't know which direction the main rotors turn, but hopefully, the tail rotor blades are in the correct pitch plain to counter the main rotor torque, otherwise, it will be a very uncomfortable ride for the occupants! :) ).

Cheers

Derek

Work presses on with the base...

A simple box with trim Moulding-

MlhjB6N.jpg

the open box easily allows me to drill a hole for the female stand receiver- the empty space shimmed with wood toothpicks and super glue, then cut and sanded flush- a touch of wood filler helps 

zm2xbDm.jpg

a little paint and stain. I had the carpenter who’s been working in my house for many years cut the circle for the raised emblem 

5SgtZgV.jpg

first test fit-

not bad

jQsvEGs.jpg

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

4 hours ago, Derek B said:

Wow, that is fantastic Pete, well done! (I don't know which direction the main rotors turn, but hopefully, the tail rotor blades are in the correct pitch plain to counter the main rotor torque, otherwise, it will be a very uncomfortable ride for the occupants! :) ).

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Derek,

The tail rotor turns counter clockwise- the blade pitch was adjusted for the hover back on page 68 of this thread. Timmy! Helped me sort that out.

cheers

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks Derek,

The tail rotor turns counter clockwise- the blade pitch was adjusted for the hover back on page 68 of this thread. Timmy! Helped me sort that out.

cheers

Pete

Good news Pete. I was more concerned about the correct pitch angle (positive or negative), rather than rotation direction, in relation to the direction that the main rotors turn? (from your image, it would indicate that the main rotors would rotate in a counter-clockwise direction when viewed from above?). However, if Timmy has been on the case, then I guess all is well! :)

Awesome work there Pete - it is going to look absolutely stunning when completed :bow:

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B