HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

Hey all-

left side GAU-18/A coming along...

tppJhhv.jpg

mex3I2y.jpg

the gun metal finish was super easy- just a base coat of Tamiya NATO Black and then a rub with AK Gun Metal powder, and then AK Polished Metal powder on the highlights- applied with a micro brush and then rubbed with a Q tip.

cheers

Pete

Those guns are pretty darned impressive Pete. 
I’m rather glad you mentioned the fit for the Academy kit. As I also have a pair of Live resin guns to put on my kit. I’d have probably just torn my hair out wondering why they didn’t match up, and chucked them against a wall. 

Just now, Stokey Pete said:

Those guns are pretty darned impressive Pete. 
I’m rather glad you mentioned the fit for the Academy kit. As I also have a pair of Live resin guns to put on my kit. I’d have probably just torn my hair out wondering why they didn’t match up, and chucked them against a wall. 

Glad I could help!

going forward, I’ll use all of the live Resin parts except the external magazine boxes- those simply won’t work with the Kitty Hawk kit. I also modified the Live Resin mounts to fit the kit- I sliced off the horizontal cylinder portion of the kit mount that connects to the sponson, and grafted it onto the Live Resin mount.

I’ll try to take a photo and show you-

cheers

Pete

Hey all-

...been wiggling the gun and gunner..test fitting how this important part of the scene will shake out-

I’ve got little blobs of Blue tack here and there while I maneuver the elements into something realistic-

Im not there yet- you can see the challenge will be to get the gunners left hand holding the grip on the frame, and the cradle flush to the vertical mount...ugh. I’ll figure it out after a few more bad words..

I3TbUo6.jpg

YCj2alM.jpg

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann