HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

48 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

They are pretty good, and Scott is expanding the range all the time. They're not as thin as MRP though, and definitely benefit from some extra thinning for airbrushing.

Kev

Thanks for the tip...I'll make certain to experiment before using. Without further hijacking this amazing thread, do the SMS paints cover better than the MRP?

Edited by Mr Matt Foley

Hey all-

the very fiddley right/aft countermeasures are up-

I added a few Archer rivets to the boxes, decals, and power cords and connectors.

a little grain to the paint here and there that I’m just noticing..hmm. Might need stronger cheaters!

8cm8ahn.jpg

wTfWHXR.jpg

35xw0gV.jpg

YQqZ4YI.jpg

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

13 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Those raised rivets are a tremendous game changer Pete! This is a remarkable build in every respect. I’m learning a lot here.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom-

woody is a genius- I am blown away by how good his rivets are. Super easy to apply, extremely rugged..they are the best.

cheers

Pete

53 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

It's just too good at this point.  You could tell me it's a real Pavehawk, and I'd believe you completely.

Matt 

Thanks Matt-

This one has certainly forced me to learn some new techniques and use some new materials- it’s been fun! Growth is good..but I’m sure more challenges are coming-  all good!

cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Amazing work Pete. Are you taking this to the Nats this year?

I don’t think so- I’ve never actually been to the NATS.. should put that on my bucket list I suppose!

maybe NOREASTCON? But really that would just be to see my friends..like Bob Beary..who is the greatest modeler you’ve never heard of. Gotta get him to post his work-

cheers

Pete

37 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

I don’t think so- I’ve never actually been to the NATS.. should put that on my bucket list I suppose!

maybe NOREASTCON? But really that would just be to see my friends..like Bob Beary..who is the greatest modeler you’ve never heard of. Gotta get him to post his work-

cheers

Pete

Well, I feel pretty certain that at NATS you would be a show stopper with this chopper.................hey, that sounds cool.

8 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Well, I feel pretty certain that at NATS you would be a show stopper with this chopper.................hey, that sounds cool.

Um yeah!!!! I definitely agree with that statement. 

Vegas would be a perfect NATS for Pete to take his model seeing that Nellis is full of AF CSAR helos!

Tim

Hey all,

Started working up the GAU-18/A .50 cal guns.

These are the Live Resin guns, and they are really nice. Beware though- the Live Resin set is engineered for the Academy kit. Also, the guns are left/right sided- pay attention to the feed chutes- the left side gun feeds left and right feeds right-

R8zbUK6.jpg

below you can see the Kitty Hawk mount on the left and the Live Resin mount on the right. I’ll use the Live Resin part, but will have to modify the mount slightly to interface with the Kitty Hawk attachment point on the sponson-

lV987mf.jpg

cheers

Pete