HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

3 hours ago, Timmy! said:

I masked and painted over the rivets on my T-45.  I did prime with Tamiya Fine white lacquer primer, any hot paint should be enough to homogenize the rivets into the finish.  Got converted to Mr. Color yet?  If not get some Tamiya fine primer and you should be solid, as long as you don't use 100mph tape.

Timmy!

Cool brother.

did you decant it?

cheers

Pete

Hey all-

I needed to build something that would protect my crew chiefs arm while I riveted the opposite side of the fuselage. I tack glued it into the slot that the main gear fits into. It also serves as a stand of sorts-

XBE1iKr.jpg 

fOq16eK.jpg 

HrFxMvc.jpg 

LWWzOJz.jpg 

My plan is to rivet the other side up to the cabin like here..then fix the cockpit doors, windows, and windscreen in place, then do the fuselage sides around the cockpit, then finish up riveting the belly-

cheers

Pete

Brilliant job on those rivets, Pete. It's an absolute must for a large scale UH/SH-60. I still think it's an absolute disaster one has to do this kind of work on a kit developed in 2019 - Academy shows how it's done. Keep those updates coming, please! I am desperately waiting for the naval versions...

Thank you all for the kind words! So many great modelers here- great friends as well.

heres some more. Really; it’s not that bad to do- and oddly relaxing. Who knew? Started on the opposite side of the tail, and as before, moving forward towards the cabin, I find this side a little easier as I am left handed.

cheers

Pete

0XUFbP3.jpg