HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

Hey all-

I installed the square receiver tube for the inflight stand-

p76HcJI.jpg 

and I started the prep for replacing the recessed rivets with raised ones.

to fill the rivets, I applied Waterfiller Putty from True Earth. They claim it is a water based resin (?) . I simply brush it on over the rivets. When it is dry, I wipe away the excess with a rag dampened with 91% isopropyl alcohol. Any filler that wanders into a panel line is easily removed with a brass toothpick-

ACZe62Q.jpg 

E5iyFYe.jpg 

zJDzI9c.jpg 

Once you wipe wipe the filler away, check it under good light, inspecting the rivets at a low angle- if you see shadows from incompletely filled rivets, just repeat the process.

the white filler will help me position the Archer raised rivets-

cheers

Pete

3 hours ago, RadBaron said:

I have never wanted to have a go at putting figures in a build more than I do after seeing your work, Pete!

Utterly stunning!!!

Thanks! You should give it a go!

I really like the look of a pilot in a model-

especially if the pose is relaxed and believable- it just adds a little more personality-

cheers

Pete 

3 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Excellent, PEte! I really hope Archer or any other company will provide ready to use raised rivets sets for the KH UH-60/ SH-60 family in the enar future. I am not looking forward to doing this myself...

Hey Ben!

that would be nice! And would certainly expedite what I’m sure will be a time consuming process-

cheers

Pete

12 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Looks like a pretty effective putty.  What's the viscosity like?  I know the Vallejo acrylic putty is pretty thick and hard to remove cleanly.

Matt 

The thing I find awkward with the Vallejo putty isn't so much its thickness, but its graininess. It's a little too coarse, and that's what makes it difficult to remove cleanly in my experience.

Kev

10 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Looks like a pretty effective putty.  What's the viscosity like?  I know the Vallejo acrylic putty is pretty thick and hard to remove cleanly.

Matt 

Hi Matt-

this stuff behaves suspiciously like correction fluid- 

but easy to wipe away after it drys-

cheers

Pete