HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

On 5/25/2020 at 1:52 PM, Jim27F said:

Hi Pete

Maybe you already knew about this link but I share it here because it has very good content for our HH-60G model, detailed photos and photos of Pedro’s squads

https://www.facebook.com/SeanHamptonAviationArt/

Regards 

Jaime 

Awesome! Thanks Jamie!!

much appreciated!

cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Absolutely saweeeet! What did you use to weather the top of the panel?

Tim

Hey Tim!

thanks brother! The pics are brutal..I think it looks better in person.

the dust is AK Dust- it’s an enamel based product..I thin it like crazy with mineral spirits and apply it as a wash. I also used some colored pencils for scratches and stuff.

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Hey all-

I needed a little more contrast between the glare shield and the combing that goes around the edge of the glare shield- a simple rub with Tamiya Oil Stain from their weathering kit “D” did the trick-

4X6d59e.jpg  

EWsVlOc.jpg 

busy adjusting the fit of the cabin interior to get the fuselage halves ready to close-

cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

4X6d59e.jpg  

Great Googleymoogley! Every pic you post of this cabin I'm floored! Those figures are amazing and your paint work just brings them to LIFE! I think the most common error I see with figures is a slightly glossy sheen to the fabrics, but this actually looks like a well worn 2 piece flight suit. You can see the danged stitching on their woodlands! And that Harness attached to his survival vest...holy smokes, I want to cinch it down like a torso harness! Even his Belleville desert boots are perfect. 

Seriously good show!

21 minutes ago, easixpedro said:

Great Googleymoogley! Every pic you post of this cabin I'm floored! Those figures are amazing and your paint work just brings them to LIFE! I think the most common error I see with figures is a slightly glossy sheen to the fabrics, but this actually looks like a well worn 2 piece flight suit. You can see the danged stitching on their woodlands! And that Harness attached to his survival vest...holy smokes, I want to cinch it down like a torso harness! Even his Belleville desert boots are perfect. 

Seriously good show!

Thanks Booger,

I must admit that although I have been bitten by the figure painting bug, I am a serious neophyte and have much to learn-

I do know, however, that paint selection is important for that dead-flat finish you mention. I used Vallejo paints. They brush beautifully with no brush strokes, thin with water, and dry dead- flat.

Also; really well sculpted figures like these are easier to paint to realistic effect. A poorly sculpted figure will always be unconvincing, regardless of how well it is painted...so start with good figures!

Another point to consider- an aircraft is camouflaged after it is assembled, and the camouflage pattern continues unbroken across the panel lines (seams). A camouflage garment, however, is constructed from pre- printed sections of fabric, and therefore the pattern never continues across the seams..so one needs to keep the construction of the garment in mind when painting.

cheers

Pete