HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

8 minutes ago, markiii said:

Pete, looking good man!

Are you going to rivet the whole airframe? That is a lot of rivets.

I received my AnyZ details yesterday, fantastic stuff.

Hi Mark-

that is my crazy plan...

Anyz has got a good thing going!

cheers

Pete

10 minutes ago, Dope737 said:

How is that wash?  I'm looking for a replacement for Flory and an alternative to artist oils.

Brother Chris!

I like it. It is a “transparent “ wash..and jet black- so might not be the best for panel lines. I typically don’t use a pure black wash for much- but the Vallejo Game Color line has a gajillion colors..

there are some other pretty good products out there as well!  Might want to see what Ammo or AK Interactive have. True Earth from Italy has really good stuff too- Tamiya even makes a line of panel line washes-

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

11 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Mark-

that is my crazy plan...

Pete, 

You are the man!  I feel the same way, KH's crappy recessed divots are the main reason why I'm not purchasing their Little Bird and Black Hawk helos.   Unlike modern jets, these helos were covered in large rivets, they are a characteristic of the real thing and should have been replicated.   If I ever build one of these, I'll be forced to do the same thing you are doing.  As such, I'll be following your work closely as you start applying the rivets.  

Keep up the good work. 

Hey all-

cockpit components coming along- Some Airscale, Anyz, and Mike Grant instruments. Please forgive the off flags in some of the instruments- This is an in flight display, so everything should be powered and hot, but those tiny off flags are too small for me to paint out-

Yez3ELn.jpgETxH6Yq.jpgGACeeVF.jpgYxZyFVN.jpgHFAQdWp.jpg  

xd35kxV.jpg

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

3 hours ago, John1 said:

Pete, 

You are the man!  I feel the same way, KH's crappy recessed divots are the main reason why I'm not purchasing their Little Bird and Black Hawk helos.   Unlike modern jets, these helos were covered in large rivets, they are a characteristic of the real thing and should have been replicated.   If I ever build one of these, I'll be forced to do the same thing you are doing.  As such, I'll be following your work closely as you start applying the rivets.  

Keep up the good work. 

Hi John-

I think I’ve got a pretty decent system- shouldn’t be too hard; just time consuming!

I’ll show ya-

cheers

Pete

Pigfighter, I don't know what to say...  Seriously impressive Amigo.

The pilots are amazing and look perfect in place. I'm blown away at how perfect they look--even their sidearms are perfect. I love how the Co-Pilot is carrying extra clips. I love how he's got his hands next to the controls in case it goes south quick. Everywhere, and every time I look, there's another detail popping out! 

As always, thanks for sharing with us!

5 hours ago, easixpedro said:

Pigfighter, I don't know what to say...  Seriously impressive Amigo.

The pilots are amazing and look perfect in place. I'm blown away at how perfect they look--even their sidearms are perfect. I love how the Co-Pilot is carrying extra clips. I love how he's got his hands next to the controls in case it goes south quick. Everywhere, and every time I look, there's another detail popping out! 

As always, thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks Booger-

its funny; so many of the tiny details I do just for myself...just “because “.. but it makes me smile when others notice the esoteric stuff too-

thanks man

Pigfighter