Hey all!

big day today! Actually put glue on the pilots butts-

3L0dvlw.jpg 

nZSymCd.jpg 

Also put some pegs in the crewchief ‘s knees that fit into holes in the floor 

YnbY08z.jpg 

N0jEGCr.jpg 

nZSymCd.jpg 

...Remembering that this will be an inflight display, here’s where I’m going mit dat-

mWk67kX.jpg 

cheers

Pete

Hey all-

started with the cockpit stuff.

first I shot some primer yellow (Tamiya XF-4 yellow green) on those spots I was going to chip. When dry, this was shot with a barrier coat of flat lacquer. (You can skip the lacquer if your primer color is enamel) once dry, shoot it with aerosol hair spray right out of the can. Let that dry. A hairdryer will do the trick in a minute or two.

FRrkfGN.jpg 

When the hairspray is dry, airbrush Tamiya Rubber black over that. Clean your airbrush. By the time you have your airbrush put away, you can start on the next step.

GNppxjB.jpg 

grab a short bristled brush and some water. Wet the area you want to chip. Let it sit for a minute, then start working the chipping with your brush. Clean the black off of your brush periodically as you go-

OeSmTf0.jpg 

when all that dries, dry brush with MM Gunship Grey enamel.

8TUTx71.jpg 

TvbGBHT.jpg 

The instrument panel went a little differently. First, I shot it with Tamiya Rubber black. When dry, I dry brushed the whole affair with MM Gunship Grey.

To get the contrast I wanted between the raised instruments and flat panel, dry brushing wasn’t enough.. there needs to be two distinct blacks..a noticeable but subtle difference between the instrument bezels and flat panel. To achieve this, I used an old-school technique- I carefully applied a jet black wash with a long bristled thin brush..carefully flowing the wash in between the raised instruments. This was built up slowly in thin layers. You need to put this on thin to get it to flow. Capillary action is your friend.

p1jgxIg.jpg 

wHL3zUG.jpg 

from here I can start the detail painting, etc-

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Thanks everyone for your kind support!

This center pedestal is as nice as any high end resin piece or Tamiya part. It was a joy to paint..not done yet though-

I paint tiny details like a sniper..holding my breath, touching the paintbrush to the part between heartbeats.

4ZFCv0c.jpg 

cheers

Pete