HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

On 5/6/2020 at 8:56 PM, Hawkwrench said:

Better check the fit of them with the sidewalls too. I had a fit issue in that area with my MH-60L model.

Also, I wish the import restrictions would ease up  I want to order all those Anyz goodies, but they won't ship to the US right now. 

What color black is that on the racks?

Tamiya nato black???

Tim

Tim

Hi Tim,

thanks for the heads- up! Yes, that could have been a problem- thanks brother!

Tamiya Rubber Black in those-

cheers

Pete

On 5/7/2020 at 6:56 AM, DonH said:

Well, I just spent an enjoyable hour going back through this build. What amazing skills - I kinda forgot there was a plastic model hidden underneath the fantastic paint job and perfect details.

Thanks Don, appreciate that!

cheers

Pete

On 5/7/2020 at 7:13 AM, CZPetrP said:

Your progress is great. You are very handy.

Your construction is really motivating. Thank you.:bow:

Are those instrument dials from Airscale?

Petr

Hi Petr,

Thank you!!

...the dial markings are from Anyz.

great product!

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann
Speling

Hi all,

getting closer on the pilot seats! The carabiners still need to be strapped in.

the chem light glow sticks are just Evergreen rod, with one end pinched flat with a flat nose pliers, then a little Tamiya clear green- the first aid kits are Live Resin items, with markings from Archer- dry transfers that I made into decals. The intercom panels need some markings; but man they are small! We’ll see I guess- the seat frames need some dust too-

nUHAL2D.jpg 

Ejuj2Vv.jpg 

AAmEZLd.jpg 

cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

I know it's accurate, but seeing that fine detail covered up with dust hurts a bit.

Matt 

Hi Matt-

I get it. It’s not easy to do..but my M.O. has always been “look to see, and paint what you see”.. and looking at my references, these Pavehawks downrange are really filthy..the dust gets everywhere. I used the same dust on the figures boots, lower pants legs, and weapons too-

cheers

Pete

Pete, this keeps getting better and better. Your solutions to re-create the little details is astonishing. The little cyalume sticks, genius. The kit bags, the bottled water, I could go on all day. 
Both the wife and I said, if we didn’t know what we do, swear we were looking at a photo of the interior. 

2 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Pete, what's your formula and psi for spraying tamiya acrylics?

I mainly use Model Air, but after seeing your magic, I want to try tamiya. 

Tim

Hi Tim,

To start, I thin it with Tamiya lacquer thinner (8700 with the yellow cap) about 50:50 and shoot it at 25 psi or lower..but will often have to adjust the ratio in the cup or tweak the air pressure a little..just depends what comes out of the airbrush at those initial settings-

HTH

Pete

6 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

Pete, this keeps getting better and better. Your solutions to re-create the little details is astonishing. The little cyalume sticks, genius. The kit bags, the bottled water, I could go on all day. 
Both the wife and I said, if we didn’t know what we do, swear we were looking at a photo of the interior. 

Thanks Pete..a helo model like this has more in common with an armor model than a flying machine sometimes me thinks! 

Cheers

Pete