HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

Hey all

got the “stuff” underneath the pilot seats installed. I know you’ll never see this stuff-

I didn’t have great references for this area of the Pavehawk; so I basically Made it up-

anyone who’s built the Tamiya F-16 will recognize one of the electronic boxes 

wkTnu2i.jpg 

NdHpyTz.jpg 

3ZbS07F.jpg 

cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Timmy! said:

One of the benefits of having to mask up to keep the “Rona” away, also keeps the dust out of my nose when I view this thread.  Like it.  You bought AK lately? Who from? Online?  Seems hard to find to me.  

Timmy!

not easy to find AK right now- I found some here:

Click me

put AK Interactive in their search field- they don’t list it on there roster of brands..

good hunting!

pigfighter

On 4/17/2020 at 10:43 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hey all,

got just about all of the clutter positioned on the back bulkhead- now I can start moving towards the front of the cabin-

hl8yFU1.jpg 

uHmKCVR.jpg 

j5biFJs.jpg 

I realize that that these photos tend to all look the same..the progress is slow but steady. Much of my time at the bench is spent thinking..and moving bits of gear around until the arrangement looks believable.

cheers

Pete

No words my friend.

Hey Pete, maybe I missed it but how did you make those snap links used in the aft cabin and what did you use for paint to replicate that blue / red finish?

Great stuff here, looking forward to more details.   At some point, I plan on building one of these as just a standard UH-60L from OIF, just gotta scrounge up a set of intake dust filters.  I'll be using your build as a reference (as I'm sure a lot of people will be). 

On 4/25/2020 at 10:06 AM, John1 said:

Hey Pete, maybe I missed it but how did you make those snap links used in the aft cabin and what did you use for paint to replicate that blue / red finish?

Great stuff here, looking forward to more details.   At some point, I plan on building one of these as just a standard UH-60L from OIF, just gotta scrounge up a set of intake dust filters.  I'll be using your build as a reference (as I'm sure a lot of people will be). 

Hi John,

the carabiners were pretty easy- I took some .025 lead wire, and wrapped it around a half-round section of Evergreen rod. Wrap it around and around like a spring, and then push the wraps up against each other while still on the rod. Then take a blade and slice through the wire wrap longitudinally along the rod on the flat side of the rod. A carabiner for each loop around the rod will magically fall away..

they were anodized by painting them with clear Tamiya orange, blue, and red. I left some bare metal as well-

E6GKmUX.jpg

HTH!

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann