HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

Hey all-

had some fun with this today- got to mess with the fire extinguishers- these were first shot with a black undercoat, then I mixed a yellow green from Tamiya yellow and Tamiya bright green

vHDZeT9.jpg 

then I dry brushed a lighter version of the base color, using the Same colors plus a little white. I test it on a paper towel until a barely perceptible dusting comes off the brush

bGe625c.jpg 

Then gently hit the high spots and edges-

OoaP4aY.jpg 

The trigger assemblies were painted MM jet exhaust and dry brushed with aluminum 

9NVHysf.jpg 

A couple decals..a few chips..a wash, and done!

5unR1Bn.jpg 

a5FqPpO.jpg 

LyN94ut.jpg 

cheers

Pete

Here’s how I made the inspection tags on the fire extinguishers-

first; grab some thin, rigid cellophane- the kind from a pack of cigarettes is perfect, but I don’t smoke..but I found some on a package of paint brushes. Cut a chunk off-

jlXETQM.jpg 

next, paint the backside with Tamiya buff. Paint only one side- 

SbldFxx.jpg 

Once the paint dries, flip it over. Apply decals from the spares box. The brass grommets are dry transfers from Archer- they rock! And I use them for all kinds of stuff. When the decals are dry, flat coat them-

itJ8TWy.jpg

use a a new blade a a straight edge to cut them into a tag shape. I used a section of stretched sprue to simulate the zip tie-

a5FqPpO.jpg 

super easy..

cheers

Pete

Thanks you guys! Appreciate all of the support! 

This was a head-scratcher..most of my references show the USAF Pavehawks with the cabin configured for CSAR; with tons of medical triage gear scattered all over. There are always I.V. Fluid bags hanging from the ceiling..but how do I make them?

heres how:

first; cut a blank out of clear plastic sheet. Drill a hole for the hanger-

anbQt6J.jpg

while you’ve got the blank on the wire, bend the wire into a hook-

wfwLkUK.jpg

then mix mix up some clear 2 part 5 minute epoxy. Goober it on the clear plastic blank. Gravity is your friend-

7OmkQFd.jpg

once these set up, I’ll maybe frost them with a flat coat..maybe a label? Not my area of expertise, but problem solved!

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

2 minutes ago, Timmy! said:

Dude nice solution....again....

What an awesome project, so many unusual things to model.  Most excellent challenge!  Keep it up broseph!

Timmy!

Thanks brother- I just woke up on the floor after looking at the latest on your Jaguar. Guess I passed out from over-stimulation!

cheers

Pig