HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

9 hours ago, Weebles said:

Hi Pete,

I'm watching this with interest.  I received my kit as well.  The plan is to convert it to USAF 38th or 66th Rescue Sq birds as filmed in the "Inside Combat Rescue" series.  Your work will be very helpful for my project.  I too have been looking at a lot of main cabin ceiling pictures.  I'm also looking at a lot of aft cabin photos where all the med kits are stored.  I think that's going to be my biggest challenge.  Have you come across any references on how they kit these birds out?

Thanks for sharing your work!

Dave

Hi Dave!

...looking forward to seeing yours come together!

I ‘ve got only a few shots of all of the PJ’s “stuff” that accumulates on the aft bulkhead- one thing is for sure; the rescue birds are very cluttered-

cheers

Pete

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 5:08 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Can you see the progress? Slow grind continues!

Yfz260w.jpg

cheers

Pete

Wow...   Amazing scratchbuilding and just as amazing paintwork.   

Please don't install this roof, instead go find an aftermarket outfit that can cast that piece for the rest of us schmucks.    Floyd Werner, are you out there???

Also - where did you get those placards from?   They really add a great deal to this part.

2 hours ago, John1 said:

Wow...   Amazing scratchbuilding and just as amazing paintwork.   

Please don't install this roof, instead go find an aftermarket outfit that can cast that piece for the rest of us schmucks.    Floyd Werner, are you out there???

Also - where did you get those placards from?   They really add a great deal to this part.

hi John-

thanks my friend!

the placards are scrounged from the decal box... Airscale and many others. Often I’ll combine 2 decals to make one that closely resembles what I need.

having fun!

cheers

Pete

Super work.   Still hope you’ll link up with an aftermarket outfit and let them use your roof as a pattern for a resin super detailed roof.    I’d never be able to match your work, so I’d be in for a couple of these!   

Edited by John1