HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

Hi all-

got some paint on. Now I’ve got to fill in all of the details- lots of wire harnesses, components, and black boxes in every open portion of the ceiling..plus the fast-rope and crew seat supports..and all the other “stuff”

hhqycrv.jpg

Looks a little rough right now- the camera is brutal- but I’ve got a vision! Stick with me :)

thanks for for checking in 

cheers

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

the slow scratch building march begins!

just have to go void by void- the cable ties are just strips of decal that go on after the harness section is in place, then a wash- you can see the difference as I plod along.

aE62sBu.jpg

Edited by Pete Fleischmann
Speling

Still plodding!

the fat wire harness sections are simply picture wire cut to length and painted white. The smaller sections of harness were made with Timmy’s! Super awesome technique..folding over lengths of beading wire, twist and cut, then apply some of this nifty rubberized super glue. I use a micro brush to apply it then wick off the excess. It’s cool because your harness is now bendy but won’t come apart. Paint it up and yer good!! Thanks Timmy! 

Cheers

Pete

X3YHkYp.jpg

wcU6c4E.jpg   N5EdLNV.jpg

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Your work is splendid.  Besides all of that wonderful detail, love that weathering.

'the cable ties are just strips of decal'

Nice transfer of knowledge.

'the fat wire harness sections are simply picture wire'

Great tip, thank you.

"Timmy’s! Super awesome technique'

Thank you, both.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all!

slow grind on this, but am chipping away at it! Might not look like much progress, but I have spent waaaayyy more time looking at obscure reference photos of the ceiling, (most shot at weird angles) than I have building components.. more to follow!

8JQYoQJ.jpg

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!!

cheers

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm watching this with interest.  I received my kit as well.  The plan is to convert it to USAF 38th or 66th Rescue Sq birds as filmed in the "Inside Combat Rescue" series.  Your work will be very helpful for my project.  I too have been looking at a lot of main cabin ceiling pictures.  I'm also looking at a lot of aft cabin photos where all the med kits are stored.  I think that's going to be my biggest challenge.  Have you come across any references on how they kit these birds out?

Thanks for sharing your work!

Dave