HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

Honorable sir, why do they nicknamed you "PIG"?

Thanks MARU!

...that is my USAF fighter pilot callsign from my F-16 flying days that has its origins in a very funny flatulence event.

not so honorable but a classic callsign story-

cheers

Pete “Pig” Fleischmann 

Absolutely stunning Pete! 

I don't know if it's been asked before but how are you going to depict the rotors? Like a "snapshot in time?" I'd imagine it's a bit hard to "prop blur" a main rotor!!!!

Also, definitely not picking fault, more just curious as to why the guy on the hoist is using his left hand on the cable? In most helicopters the pendant control is usually mounted on a bulkhead so it can be used but not get in the way........ Can't remember specifically how the blackhawk one went though.... it's been a few years! 

As I said, certainly not taking anything away from your build, just as a helicopter crewman for my day job, it just seems odd :)

Cheers,

Craig

6 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Playing around with the display layout-

amidst my cluttered workbench-

UVj1RnJ.jpg

YCGJ04U.jpg

...amazing that my bench is 7ft long but I always end up working in about 2 square ft..

cheers

P

Clutter????

The only thing I can see is a beautiful PaveHawk

9 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Pardon the ignorance, but what's the square cut-out on the left door for?  It all looks like a bit of Photoshop to remove the post, you could convince everyone it was a real Pavehawk hovering.

Matt 

Hi Matt,

the USAF Pavehawk has a cargo door on the right side of the fuselage, aft of the cabin, which is hinged to open up and away from the fuselage. The cutout in the right cabin door allows the cabin door to be open when the cargo door is also open-

cheers

P

9 hours ago, brahman104 said:

Absolutely stunning Pete! 

I don't know if it's been asked before but how are you going to depict the rotors? Like a "snapshot in time?" I'd imagine it's a bit hard to "prop blur" a main rotor!!!!

Also, definitely not picking fault, more just curious as to why the guy on the hoist is using his left hand on the cable? In most helicopters the pendant control is usually mounted on a bulkhead so it can be used but not get in the way........ Can't remember specifically how the blackhawk one went though.... it's been a few years! 

As I said, certainly not taking anything away from your build, just as a helicopter crewman for my day job, it just seems odd :)

Cheers,

Craig

Hi Craig,

My plan is to snapshot the main and tail rotors- 

The Pavehawk hoist control has a hand held grip controller on about 10ft of coiled cord that connects to the control box on the right side of the cabin. My crewchief is holding the remote control in his right hand, and guiding the cable with his left. This is because of limitations I had when building this figure from components of other figures- he is a Frankenfigure and was created out of body parts from several figures. His arms were from figures shooting M4 rifles, and they are for a right-handed shooter..I couldn’t find any lefty’s. If I could have found a right arm extended from a left handed shooter, it would have been great, but no luck..so I had to improvise-

cheers

P

4 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

''Playing around with the display layout-'

Dynamic Diagonal works well.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark-

I agree..and I did that with my Arctic F-16 aggressor and it looks awesome-

I considered it for this, but I didn’t want it to visually distract from the cable, basket, and figures that will be hanging vertically below the helicopter- My thought was the stand cutting across and behind a focal point of the display might not be optimal...

cheers

P