Pete Fleischmann

4 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks!

eventually I’ll get after an MH-60T too-

I learned a lot about the -60’s with the Pavehawk build-

appreciate the kind words!

cheers

Pete

That is a pretty helicopter, I have never seen one of those JayHawks dirty, we would joke with them by calling it the BayWatch Helicopter. 

4 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

I did build them; but only painted the parts that would be visible-

cheers

Pete

I purchased the same kit and plan to build the HH-60G Pave Hawk II the I used to fly in the 55 SOS. I purchased the 701 Engines, Transmission, Tail Rotor, and Resin Crew. 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:47 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hey Tim-

I cut off the molded-on ones..then made 2 new ones by slicing off some styrene rod for the knobs, and then attached some styrene levers to the knobs. I don’t worry too much about getting the lever length the same until the knobs are attached. Once I have two rough ones, I’ll trim the levers to the same length.

here is a look at a few map lights coming together. I use double sided tape to keep tiny parts from flying away. Also; I’ve had a bag of random wristwatch parts for years..I use this to find assorted tiny details/shapes that might be useful- in this case I’m searching for 3 identical posts for the map lights. You can find a bag of watch parts on eBay for a few bucks-

cheers

Pete1i6FoPD.jpgSGDFRxJ.jpgPFVINw0.jpg

Watch Parts? What a great idea!!

On 1/18/2021 at 7:36 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hey all-

left side GAU-18/A coming along...

tppJhhv.jpg

mex3I2y.jpg

the gun metal finish was super easy- just a base coat of Tamiya NATO Black and then a rub with AK Gun Metal powder, and then AK Polished Metal powder on the highlights- applied with a micro brush and then rubbed with a Q tip.

cheers

Pete

Pete, are these the same weapons that came with the Kitty Hawk kit? or did you order them from LiveResin?

On 4/27/2020 at 1:32 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hey all,

this was fun-

the transmission drip tube! Made with clear plastic tubing that I sucked water based wash through for the transmission fluid-

FuXmQdT.jpg 

6mCxTV5.jpg 

cheers

Pete

You put fluid in the tube!!! You have made this a challenge for me...

On 4/15/2021 at 11:55 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Good news! Pete and I will be collaborating on producing an eBook of his build for KLP Publishing. It won't be super soon, as I have a number of projects ahead of it in the queue, but we've already got the cover nailed, so the rest should be easy! Stay tuned to the KLP website or Facebook page (and here on LSP) for more news as it happens.

7QVkgM.jpg

Kev

Pete,

I just purchased your book - what a great idea. This book will be much easier to navigate than this website during my build. It contains a lot of good ideas. Thanks.

Zorro

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2022 at 4:42 AM, Zorro said:

Pete,

I just purchased your book - what a great idea. This book will be much easier to navigate than this website during my build. It contains a lot of good ideas. Thanks.

Zorro

Hey Zorro, I'd highly recommend this book as well, best $8 I have spent in a while - https://shoptly.com/i/bj3jThis book contains detailed instructions on building the HH-60G Pave Hawk 1/35 scale model aircraft from Kitty Hawk (Kit KH 50006). 

6 hours ago, Barry Smyth said:

Hey Zorro, I'd highly recommend this book as well, best $8 I have spent in a while - https://shoptly.com/i/bj3jThis book contains detailed instructions on building the HH-60G Pave Hawk 1/35 scale model aircraft from Kitty Hawk (Kit KH 50006). 

Thank you! I discovered that some parts of the kit do not match up perfectly. Maybe this book will help.

• 1 month later...