HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

On 10/17/2021 at 3:58 PM, Juggernut said:

Awesome and well deserved!  

I Googled Wings and Wheels Modelers and was pleasantly surprised that the show was very close to where I spent a lot of my childhood….Northampton, MA.  

Both of my parents grew up there and my Great Grandfather (Oscar Clark) used to craft violins in his shop as an understudy/successor of Andrew Hyde.  Parents only moved away when Dad was commissioned a second Lt. in the USAF in 1959.

Again, kudos on on a job well done and justified recognition.  

Thats awesome-

it was just up the road from where I am- about an hour

• 11 months later...
On 10/20/2019 at 8:52 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

eXq32o4.jpg

zy7sss3.jpg

Hello All!

While I was waiting for this kit to show up, I completed the Live Resin figures.. link to that here

click me

The first thing that jumped out at me with the kit was the cabin roof. The later block of Pavehawk has most of the fabric sound-proofing material removed. I considered scratchbuilding the entire affair, but decided it would take about the same amount of time to simply re-work the kit part. The cross-hatch areas are what needed to be removed. Many evenings with a drill and file and I was done with the basics. This will get detailed further-

Cheers

Pete

9zqYmzi.jpg 

Pete, that is an amazing amount of patience. Nice work.

On 12/15/2019 at 9:05 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hello all!

slow grind on this, but am chipping away at it! Might not look like much progress, but I have spent waaaayyy more time looking at obscure reference photos of the ceiling, (most shot at weird angles) than I have building components.. more to follow!

8JQYoQJ.jpg

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!!

cheers

Pete

Have you ever taken a tour of the actual HH-60G Pave Hawk? You have captured an amazing amount of detail.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:19 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks G-dub and all for the encouraging words! Greatly appreciated friends!

I needed a break from the ceiling work, so I thought I’d take a stab at the ALQ-144 IR disco light. First time using this Hasegawa irredentist film- 

NAMqb47.jpg6qtQhga.jpg    

It it was a little tricky to apply. It is adhesive backed and very thin, and somewhat stretchy..similar to BMF-

cheers

Pete

What a great idea for the Disco Ball.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:20 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hey all-

here’s where I’m going with the overhead panel. Is it 100% accurate? Nope. About 90% though. Ordinarily I would say color photo etch is cheating..but in this case, I modified it quite a bit..adding knobs and switches from Anyz, a new APU fire handle, etc. I do not plan on using any other color photo etch on this build.. just sayin. I’ll get it to fit- likely will have to re-do the power lever/fuel lever quadrant. More to follow! The remaining kit parts for the overhead area will get some tweaking too- this panel will get a spray of flat coat for sure. The glossy finish bugs me-

Edit: Here's a tip. Remember that black flexible super glue from Timmy! that I used for the wire harnesses? Well that stuff was perfect for attaching the knobs to the panel. just a dot applied with whatever small tipped tool you fancy to the panel, and then place the knob while holding it with a good tweezer. Expect to lose a few!

cheers

Pete

BLkzLjT.jpg

The Power Control Lever (PCL) while labeled as such on all USAF MH & HH-60G aircraft (US Army Spec.) is referred to at the Throttle.

On 3/30/2020 at 9:10 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hey all-

starting to get my head around the gear, clutter, etc that needs to fill the cabin- I have a ton of resin items and such..the trick is to match my references as close as possible while getting that haphazard look to the gear stowage. These medical bags are a “for sure”, the rest will hopefully come naturally-

These are just set in place as a sanity check to see if they’ll work-

ZstRgBR.jpg 

basically the whole aft cabin bulkhead needs needs to be covered with “stuff”, and more “stuff” piled in front of it..”stuff” jammed between the cabin seats..etc-

cheers

Pete

No Auxiliary Fuel Tanks in the cabin? We normally carried over 2,000 lbs of fuel in the Robinson Tanks attached to the bulkhead. We then attached a Rescue Board to the forward face of the fuel tanks and attached two litters and medical equipment to the Rescue Board.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:54 PM, Brett M said:

Super nice work, Pete! Jealous....you should see my PAVE HAWK from a few years ago lol

Second pic, above the plume detector, flash on the edge?

I need to research my logbooks to see if I actually flew #206

Edited by Zorro
Research Logbooks

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

No Auxiliary Fuel Tanks in the cabin? We normally carried over 2,000 lbs of fuel in the Robinson Tanks attached to the bulkhead. We then attached a Rescue Board to the forward face of the fuel tanks and attached two litters and medical equipment to the Rescue Board.

All the pics that Gemo sent me from downrange had the Robbie tank removed-

cheers

P