HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

17 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks Harold for all of your help sorting out the rotor baldes! Couldn’t have finished this one without your skill and expertise!

cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete, always...

On 4/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, Hawkwrench said:

Pete,

I'm the admin of this group so I put your model as the group photo on my FB H-60 build page!!!

20210425_202750

Tim

Got a link for that group? Searched FB but I can't locate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Pete, I've got a few questions for ya:

1) What size metal wire did you use for the hoist cable and where did you get it?

2) What size magnets did you use for the rescue hook and basket and where did you get them?

3) How did you get the wire to stay up inside the hoist housing?

Thanks brother!

Tim

9 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

Pete, I've got a few questions for ya:

1) What size metal wire did you use for the hoist cable and where did you get it?

2) What size magnets did you use for the rescue hook and basket and where did you get them?

3) How did you get the wire to stay up inside the hoist housing?

Thanks brother!

Tim

The metal wire is brass wire from Detail Associates. This was a “stocking up”hobby shop purchase several years ago

8b2nNBj.jpg

the magnets were from an internet search for “tiny magnets”. You’ll find tons-

G9Zf8fw.jpg

getting the wire secured in the hoist was pretty easy. I ultimately stuck a section of plastic rod inside the hoist with a hole drilled to accept the wire. First I attached the wire to the rod and wrapped it around the rod a few times, then I epoxied the rod up into the hoist. It’s pretty solid. I used a blackening agent on the brass wire to change its color

0gDlSF4.jpg

cheers

Pete

You rock Pete. 

Thanks a bunch!

I've been speaking to a KyNG 60 crew chief friend of mine who was part of a HH-60L medevac crew to rescue an injured civilian off of Natural Bridge and he convinced me to build an in-flight hoist rescue of that day.

I'll be starting it soon. I'm collecting all the stuff I need including the figures.

Still gotta buy those rivet sheets from Woody, but he hooked me up with everything you got for the build.

Keep an eye out for a build called "Wildcat  097"-HH-60L medevac hoist rescue.

Tim

11 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

You rock Pete. 

Thanks a bunch!

I've been speaking to a KyNG 60 crew chief friend of mine who was part of a HH-60L medevac crew to rescue an injured civilian off of Natural Bridge and he convinced me to build an in-flight hoist rescue of that day.

I'll be starting it soon. I'm collecting all the stuff I need including the figures.

Still gotta buy those rivet sheets from Woody, but he hooked me up with everything you got for the build.

Keep an eye out for a build called "Wildcat  097"-HH-60L medevac hoist rescue.

Tim

Awesome Tim!

I just flew an airline trip with a CW3 Blackhawk driver from the AL ANG. He had been at KY for a few years as well. He ended up at the airline after getting a fixed wing transition in the Sherpa and C-12. Great dude.

will be watching for your project!

cheers

P

2 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Awesome Tim!

I just flew an airline trip with a CW3 Blackhawk driver from the AL ANG. He had been at KY for a few years as well. He ended up at the airline after getting a fixed wing transition in the Sherpa and C-12. Great dude.

will be watching for your project!

cheers

P

Totally OT but how common (or not) is it for military rotary wing aviators to make it to the airlines?   Do they require a certain amount of fixed wing time?

3 hours ago, John1 said:

Totally OT but how common (or not) is it for military rotary wing aviators to make it to the airlines?   Do they require a certain amount of fixed wing time?

fairly common. Yes; they do still need to have a competitive amount of fixed wing time to make it to the majors. Some of the regional airlines have great programs specifically for rotary wing pilots to get the fixed wing time/training they need..which can ultimately get them to a major airline.

cheers

P

On 7/10/2021 at 8:42 AM, John1 said:

I made it, well not to the majors but still left seat in an E175.  Hiring at the regionals is starting to happen again.  The rotor transition program that got me the min fixed wing time I needed to hold a ME ATP may return too.

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hey all,

I did some work on the Hoist. The kit parts were not representative of the HH-60G hoist..so I reshaped the housing and mount, and opened up the bottom cable feed area..added some cable connectors, etc, as well as the cooling fan exhaust.

much better-

iwyjQmb.jpg

cheers

Pete

Hey Pete, I just got onto this build, bloody amazing, this kit is a hybrid armour/aircraft kit, I have one in the stash & look forward to building it one day, are the hex nuts from your bagobits from the watch makers? Cant wait to see the finished product, and serioilsy, those figures are awesome as well... Cheers Baz 

On 4/16/2021 at 3:55 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Good news! Pete and I will be collaborating on producing an eBook of his build for KLP Publishing. It won't be super soon, as I have a number of projects ahead of it in the queue, but we've already got the cover nailed, so the rest should be easy! Stay tuned to the KLP website or Facebook page (and here on LSP) for more news as it happens.

7QVkgM.jpg

Kev

Any idea on when this will come out?