HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

This build is amazing and happy to see you coming to the finish line. It inspired me to try scratch build on a large scale effort. Started with the roof and six months later I’m getting to the point where I’m nearing the interior completion. Hopefully by the end of 2021 I’ll have something resembling a nice Pavehawk.  The inflight display might be a little to ambitious this time around so my PJ’s will be loading from the ground. Thank you Pete for being helpful with my questions can’t wait to see your next build.

Andrew

Hi Andrew-

thanks for the kind words- Our community here is a community of like-minded folks, and so much of what I know has been gifted to me from incredible modelers kind enough to share their talent and insight on these boards. I am cheering you on- we all are- And I appreciate the encouragement and critique from all of you as well-

cheers

Pete

On 4/1/2021 at 3:23 AM, Landrotten Highlander said:

here is a link to the product on the website of a (for me) local supplier.  link to datasheet is on the page, but he also stocks the other JB weld products.

https://www.jb-weld.co.uk/kwikweldsyr

Ha that makes nore sense when i refer to j&b weld i think of this one https://www.jb-weld.co.uk/originalepadh 

Clear epoxy sounds like a better choice!

I’ll chime in here about JB Weld, since I’m Pig’s source for using it on models. 

JB weld is simple epoxy filled with metal powder.  The filler is what gives it’s magical properties.  Specifically easy of sanding and feathering.  Think of it as a very durable putty.  

I would not use clear epoxy for anything other than bonding it’s way too hard.

if your having trouble finding JB Weld brand look for metal filled epoxy.  

Hope that clears up any confusion. 

Now Pig, Take it away....

Hey all-

almost ready to hang the blades. A shot of AK Dust & Dirt thinned with mineral spirits got that dusty look I was aiming for.

You can see the blade on the far right is showing its bottom side- no evidence of The brass rod(s)showing- JB Weld to the rescue!

uChOMnO.jpg

XXU8wHo.jpg

ZRMEhUu.jpg

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann
JB Weld note

5 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

Pete, do you airbrush the AK dust on? 
I only ask, as I’ve only just discovered the revelation of spraying their filters onto paint jobs to alter hues and tones. 

For the blades I did airbrush it on-

I thinned the snot out of it, but it worked really well!

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

I know I'm a little late to the JB Weld party, but I've known people that fixed cracked engine blocks with that stuff. I haven't gone that far but I've used it to fix broken pot handles, cat littler scoops, toilet flush handles and other things essential to survival in the modern world. One of the few things that actually lives up to its claims.

Hey all-

calling this one done!

better pictures to follow with an appropriate background-

thanks to everyone for following along with me, and for all of the encouragement! This project has been in my head for at least 10 years, so it’s cool to see it done. This one fought me sometimes, but was still fun. Big shoutout to Timmy! For shaming me into the full rivet job- it was a brilliant idea brother!

nqnU3am.jpg
AYtuQs4.jpg

OHwDbUY.jpg

T6CMZcL.jpg
tqb78Lk.jpg
grKlFBX.jpg

cheers!

Pete