HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

2 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks Matt-

the whole assembly is an interesting collection of colors..helo drab, black, and Gunship grey..

I think you've possibly just explained why your stuff always looks so good and realistic Pete. 

Where some of us would simply paint the rotor head all black with maybe a dry brush you go the extra mile and spend the time picking out those other subtle nuances. 

Magical work sir. :clap2:

41 minutes ago, geedubelyer said:

I think you've possibly just explained why your stuff always looks so good and realistic Pete. 

Where some of us would simply paint the rotor head all black with maybe a dry brush you go the extra mile and spend the time picking out those other subtle nuances. 

Magical work sir. :clap2:

Thanks Guy- appreciate that!

”look to see” is something I try really hard to do when looking at references while trying to get my head around painting something..still learning!

cheers

Pete

Hey all-

just a simple construction sequence-

there are some cables that come off of the rotor cap and go to each rotor blade. There is also a “T” connection that diverts some cable down by the thingy.. so I made all of that:

lead wire here- attached with the black rubberized super glue. “T” connections out of wire insulation with the wire stripped out and the lead wire thread through-

fPpu5BI.jpg

primed all that and shot it Gunship Grey

b3QWZAJ.jpg

detail paint and dry brush

3wPYyhP.jpg

Roughed in. The cables will be trimmed and attached to the rotors later

iQuCjdu.jpg

R4SE74Z.jpg

All of this still needs a few touch ups, a wash, and a helping of the ever present Afghan dust...

cheers

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

That looks like the real de-ice cables Pete. What gauge wire did you use for the insulation?

That's my next step on my rotor head, but I couldn't figure out what to use for the T connectors, but now I do.

Just a tidbit of info, the short piece of wire goes down around the side and hooks up to the droop stop electrical connector on the bottom.

If you need any pics of where it goes, give me a holler!!!

Looks like your rounding third and heading home with this build!

Tim

Tim