HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

2 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

Putting that beautiful model on a stick elevates where this model is headed two fold.  It is going from really cool to super exciting.  I can't wait for the finish line!

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck!

been stalking your CF-104...coming along in brilliant fashion my friend!

cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, WAD3 said:

So a question to anyone watching this excellent build who may know. I’ve seen pictures of the Pavehawk in action in Afghanistan. Some have doors off and some have doors in. Was this an option made by the crew? Is it common practice or not?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew-

I debated about this...truthfully, there are more photos of Pavehawks down range with the doors off than on. Aesthetically, I prefer the HH-60 with the doors on- my buddy Gemo, who flew these in Afghanistan gave me the out I was looking for, when he told me during the “cold” season, the doors were often on.

His stories are incredible. I have so much respect for the men and women who fly/crew these birds- launching every day into unknowable circumstances to save lives and bring guys like me home. I am lucky to keep the company of such people.

Some day..over a few beers..I’ll tell you Timmy’s! Story..because he is too modest to talk about himself- but he is one heroic SOB.

cheers.

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

7 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Pete, got a couple questions regarding your crew chief.

Where did you get the right hand that is holding the hoist control, and where did you get the control???

Tim

Tim,

this figure-

vmmuI5j.jpg

started out as this figure-

jgJzxpp.jpg

same arms...I just moved his right arm up a bit. The right hand is cast with the SCAR grip. I simply added the top section of the hoist control to the top of his right hand with scrap plastic. I drilled the grip out  of his left hand for the cable. The head was swapped out for a Live Resin head with helmet.

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Hey all!

shoutout to Harold at AMS Resin! He has been experimenting with various resins to come up with a formula that will prevent the blades from sagging over time. We have been communicating back and forth throughout the process, and I am so impressed with his knowledge and skill- he’s got it figured out and the new, straight blades are on the way to me- 

Also thanks to Zactoman for jumping in with his knowledge and expertise! I am fortunate to have so many talented people care enough to help- Woody at Archer, Harold, Zacto- all you guys are fantastic-means a lot! Thank you!!

cheers

Pete

Also-

seeing as the Pavehawk is almost done, I’ve started farting around with this:

4ofi9Pm.jpg

(photo from Live Resin)- They have 6 new figures for the Kitty Hawk MH-6, and they are outstanding! Yaroslav at Live Resin is a friend of mine, and we’ve been chatting about some potential new figures as well- 

These figures will make the difference between a model, and something really interesting and fun IMO- plus this will need a full Archer rivet job!

also looking forward to a USCG Jayhawk conversion of the HH-60H..think I’ve got the water figured out for an ocean rescue- so standby!

and yes the big AT-38B will get some more love too!

cheers

Pete

4 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Also-

seeing as the Pavehawk is almost done, I’ve started farting around with this:

4ofi9Pm.jpg

(photo from Live Resin)- They have 6 new figures for the Kitty Hawk MH-6, and they are outstanding! Yaroslav at Live Resin is a friend of mine, and we’ve been chatting about some potential new figures as well- 

These figures will make the difference between a model, and something really interesting and fun IMO- plus this will need a full Archer rivet job!

also looking forward to a USCG Jayhawk conversion of the HH-60H..think I’ve got the water figured out for an ocean rescue- so standby!

and yes the big AT-38B will get some more love too!

cheers

Pete

Pete you are going on a Helo rampage!

Just now, Mr Matt Foley said:

Pete you are going on a Helo rampage!

so true-

like I’ve always said, these helos are like “flying armor “ dirty boot prints on the floor, lots of gear, ammo belts- and these figures are like the “tank riders” that I love to see on armor models- so cool-

cheers

Pete