HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

SEE Pete!!

Have I not been saying this for a while now in your thread.

All the material and photos, techniques etc are/is All here.

it is a great idea.You have the Rights as the Author and no one  can copy it.

Go on you know YOU WANT to...

I would buy it hence the hints along the way.

:whistle:

you guys are funny-

ok...ok! I’ll give it some thought! I haven’t written a book since The Scale Hornet came out a few years ago- maybe it’s time to see if I can still do it-

cheers

Pete

Hey all-

Time to fix the stokes litter/PJ/ wounded Afghan part of the build.

I had this all done. It was hanging from the ceiling in my shop by its tiny, powerful magnet. I came home from an airline trip and my lovely wife said “remember how you wanted to replace the ceiling in your shop? Well I had a contractor replace it while you were gone! Surprise!”

needless to say I was lucky to find the big parts, and it gave me an opportunity to fix a few things that weren’t quite right-

nT7wi8t.jpg

also grabbed the rescue hook from the Academy kit. Magnets holding everything together-

tsRyQ4c.jpg

Also did the tiny plume detectors for the nose and tail-

kyGgyqL.jpg

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

3 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

I just dropped my jaw seeing the plume detectors Pete. 

Your skills are scary brother

Tell us how you painted them???

Tim

hey Tim,

they were a bit of a head-scratcher!

the parts themselves are beautifully molded in clear, but have an obnoxious sprue attachment point- anyway..

first thing I did was drill out the small, round, offset detection element in the lens. (Not the whole lens- just the tiny offset eyeball) then I sprayed the backside of the plume detectors light grey- this showed on the good side as a glossy grey for the background of the lens. Then I used tiny circle masks that were slightly smaller than the lens and covered the lens. I shot the lens orange. When that was dry I masked the lens again with a circle mask the exact size of the lens and shot the whole schmear Tamiya rubber black. This is how I got that tiny orange circle on the outer perimeter of the lens. Dry brush with MM Gunship Grey to get them to pop.

remember that hole I drilled? I placed a tiny jewel headlight from Detail Associates in the hole and painted it Tamiya clear blue. The jewel is faceted like a diamond, so it sparkles as you view it from different angles- it is pretty cool in person...

HTH

Pete